In the age of social media, we are constantly presented with the best images of everyone's lives and expected to draw comparisons to our own. The pressure to be positive at all times is often overwhelming and unrealistic. According to hosts Liz Faircloth and Andresa Guidelli, the discrepancies that stem from social media culture begs the question: is positivity always positive?
In a hyper-positive world, many women are conditioned to feel gratitude in every situation, even the negative ones. But the reality is that there are many moments in real estate that are not all sunshine and rainbows. Rather than suppressing your emotions, Andresa suggests embracing them. Whether it be anger, sadness, or resentment, Andresa explains that it is important to identify and admit what the real emotion is. Once you can acknowledge how you truly feel, you can begin to overcome your challenges in a positive way.
As women investors, we are doing big and impactful things with our lives. That is why we have a responsibility to be our best selves. Tune into this week’s The Real Estate InvestHER minisode to learn how to better navigate life's imperfect moments.
• “Needless to say, living a positive life is better than living a negative life.” (01:28-01:35 | Andresa)
• “In the social media world, we see all the best of people’s lives on display and then we compare it to our raw lives and then there is a discrepancy.” (02:08-02:20 | Andresa)
• “Acknowledge that there is a feeling and rely on your core group that you are able to be vulnerable with in order to get out of it.” (10:20-10:34 | Liz)
• “Women who are on the path of investing to create financial freedom are doing big things. And that comes with the responsibility to be our best selves. How can you do that if you're not acknowledging your own feelings, and the feelings of those around you?” (14:12-14:32 | Liz)
Your Voice Matters. We appreciate your feedback and would like to hear from you. Click here to answer a few questions about our podcast: https://airtable.com/shr8fJS0a0uHedcza
How To Join the InvestHER Movement
1) The Real Estate InvestHER Podcast - The weekly show details the journey of some of the most amazing women real estate investors around the world, who open up their lives and share practical and strategic tools for growing a rental portfolio, flipping houses and the mindset that allows them to run a successful investing business while taking care of their families and most importantly taking care of themselves. Subscribe via:
• Apple Itunes
Our Membership focuses on three pillars: Real Estate Investing, Business Strategies, and Self-Care. We provide a financial freedom road map for women to create steady recurring income to live life on their own terms. Start today with our FREE membership level.
We have thousand of members in our Facebook InvestHER Community (and growing!) This is a safe place for women to ask real estate investing questions and gain the support they need to achieve their goals!
We have Investher Meetup members attending in person meetings across the country and Canada. Meetups are being held monthly by experienced InvestHER Leaders! Learn more about our InvestHER leaders, meetup locations, and how to become an InvestHER Leader HERE!
Our mission is to empower women in Real Estate to live a financially free and balanced life, and we are extending our support to Real Estate agents worldwide.
We have created exclusive content and support for the InvestHER™ eXp Team:
*Top skills and strategies to grow YOUR business
*How to utilize your “real estate agent” advantage to become a real estate investor
*Monthly live masterminds
*Become part of Libertas Organization with top coaches, Tim and Julie Harris.
Follow us on:
YouTube: Watch our shows here
Join STRIVE membership and get the support and accountability you need to take the next steps towards achieving your goals on your own terms