EP 226: Self Managing Your Real Estate Like a PRO with Dana DunfordJan 27, 2022
Is self-management a buzzword for you? If so, you’re not alone. So many people run from it like the plague! But in this episode, we’re going to break down the uncertainties with one of the best real estate tech innovators in the space!
Dana Dunford is the CEO of Hemlane, a technology-enabled property management platform. The best properties are not always the ones in our own backyards, which is why Dana is a strong advocate of purchasing properties anywhere.
She empowers real estate investors to do this by taking the pain points of property management and figuring out ways to make it more efficient. The result: An intelligent process to manage rentals from a distance while connecting them with local, licensed professionals.
In 2018, Dana was named one of the top 20 women leaders and influencers in commercial real estate tech!
She brings such a unique background to real estate as she previously worked at Apple on their worldwide financial planning and analysis team and received her MBA from Harvard Business School.
Tune in, and by the end of the episode, you’ll be able to self-manage your real estate so well your tenants will think you’re using a full-service PM!
• “I took, basically, the pain points of property management, figured out ways to make that more efficient, and then said, ‘Great! Now I can also invest in real estate and help others.’” (8:23 - 8:33)
• “I strongly believe it's not all or none… You can still self-manage AND have that control and transparency.” (13:45 - 13:54)
• “The factors that I do think you need to consider is one type of property that you have. That's important! And then, two, your personality type.” (17:07 - 17:16)
• “You want to build off of strengths, so things you're very good at. Know what gets you out of bed and what you love doing!” (23:21 - 23:27)
• “If you professionally self-manage: your tenants, who I consider as your customers, will think that you are using a full-service professional manager. That is the extent of what self-management successfully looks like.” (33:00 - 33:13)
• “There are so many reasons to get involved in real estate. Don't jump out of it. But do look at what you can do to improve the process.” (34:21 - 34:28)
Connect with Dana Dunford:
Email: [email protected]
All in one property management solution: hemlane.pxf.io/investher
Your Voice Matters. We appreciate your feedback and would like to hear from you. Click here to answer a few questions about our podcast: https://airtable.com/shr8fJS0a0uHedcza
P.S. I would love your review. If you enjoyed this episode, please leave a review and comment on Apple Podcasts. Select ‘Listen in Apple Podcasts’ then choose the ‘Ratings and Reviews’ tab to share what you think. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
How To Join the InvestHER Movement
The weekly show details the journey of some of the most amazing women real estate investors around the world, who open up their lives and share practical and strategic tools for growing a rental portfolio, flipping houses and the mindset that allows them to run a successful investing business while taking care of their families and most importantly taking care of themselves.
Our Membership focuses on three pillars: Real Estate Investing, Business Strategies, and Self-Care. This is a one-of-a kind membership for experienced women who are looking to take their business to the next level while living life on their own terms.
We have thousand of members in our Facebook InvestHER Community (and growing!) This is a safe place for women to ask real estate investing questions and gain the support they need to achieve their goals!
We have Investher Meetup members attending in person meetings across the country and Canada. Meetups are being held monthly by experienced InvestHER Leaders! Learn more about our InvestHER leaders, meetup locations, and how to become an InvestHER Leader HERE!
Our mission is to empower women in Real Estate to live a financially free and balanced life, and we are extending our support to Real Estate agents worldwide.
We have created exclusive content and support for the InvestHER™ eXp Team:
*Top skills and strategies to grow YOUR business
*How to utilize your “real estate agent” advantage to become a real estate investor
*Monthly live masterminds
*Become part of Libertas Organization with top coaches, Tim and Julie Harris.
Follow us on:
YouTube: Watch our shows here
Take your business to the next level without losing your sanity!
Join STRIVE membership and get the support and accountability you need to take the next steps towards achieving your goals on your own terms