EP 230: What You Should Know About Short-Term Rentals with Avery CarlJan 27, 2022
The vacation market is booming, and our guest, Avery Carl, will teach you how to capitalize on it while creating passive income opportunities for yourself.
Avery Carl was named by Wall Street Journal as one of the Top 100 and by Newsweek as Top 500 agents in 2020. She and her team at The Term Shop focus exclusively on Vacation Rental and Short Term Rental Clients, having closed well over 1 billion dollars in real estate sales.
Since 2017, Avery has sold more than $300 million in short-term/vacation leases and has a portfolio of over 100 Doors. She specializes in connecting investors with the highest ROI potential while teaching them to manage their short-term rentals remotely.
In this episode, look forward to some phenomenal, new tips - from how to find the right market, how to finance and manage your rentals, to a holistic approach to finding success in short-term rentals.
Avery is a trusted partner of ours in the investor community. She is an entrepreneur, a rental owner herself, and she is also the author of a very new book, BiggerPockets published, called Short-Term Rental, Long Term Wealth.
So, let's set you up for long-term wealth. Jump into the conversation, and learn everything you should know about short-term rentals!
• “You are able to pivot as many times as you want. So don't think because you started flipping houses that that defines your real estate career. You can change it, you can leverage, you can play in different baskets.” (4:50 - 5:06)
• “You always want to start with the market because the regulations are going to be really different depending on the market you're buying in… I stick to markets where short-term rentals have been a thing for decades and decades… I call them ‘Mature Vacation Markets.’” (9:48 - 10:20)
• “If anything was going to come along and wipe out all the short-term rentals and all the vacation markets, it was going to be COVID. And it actually caused a boom... Because they're accessible, they boomed, and because they're affordable they boomed.” (16:34 - 16:57)
• “There ARE Value-Add opportunities in vacation markets, but they just look a little bit different.” (22:25 - 22:29)
• “There are things that numbers and data can't tell you. That is what we call the ‘Enemy Method…’ So you're looking at the data, but then also using the Enemy Method to go in and look at why the data says what it says” (40:38 - 41:46)
• “I don't wait for something to be perfect before I take off running with it. I take off running and adjust as I go.” (43:05 - 43:10)
Connect with Avery Carl:
- Short-Term Rental, Long-Term Wealth
- Guesty For Hosts App
- The E-Myth Revisited
STRIVE is a one-of-a-kind membership for experienced women investors looking to make deeper connections and take their Real Estate business to the next level. It is more than a transactional membership, it is a transformational experience for women looking to live life on their own terms.
Get on the Strive Membership Waiting List - https://www.therealestateinvesther.com/reserve
How To Join the InvestHER Movement
1) The Real Estate InvestHER Podcast
The weekly show details the journey of some of the most amazing women real estate investors around the world, who open up their lives and share practical and strategic tools for growing a rental portfolio, flipping houses and the mindset that allows them to run a successful investing business while taking care of their families and most importantly taking care of themselves.
2) The Real Estate InvestHER Membership
Our Membership focuses on three pillars: Real Estate Investing, Business Strategies, and Self-Care. This is a one-of-a kind membership for experienced women who are looking to take their business to the next level while living life on their own terms.
3) InvestHER Community on Facebook
We have thousand of members in our Facebook InvestHER Community (and growing!) This is a safe place for women to ask real estate investing questions and gain the support they need to achieve their goals!
4) InvestHER Meetups Around the Globe
We have Investher Meetup members attending in person meetings across the country and Canada. Meetups are being held monthly by experienced InvestHER Leaders! Learn more about our InvestHER leaders, meetup locations, and how to become an InvestHER Leader HERE!
Our mission is to empower women in Real Estate to live a financially free and balanced life, and we are extending our support to Real Estate agents worldwide.
We have created exclusive content and support for the InvestHER™ eXp Team:
*Top skills and strategies to grow YOUR business
*How to utilize your “real estate agent” advantage to become a real estate investor
*Monthly live masterminds
*Become part of Libertas Organization with top coaches, Tim and Julie Harris.
Jonna Hall Weber is leading our team. If you have any questions or are ready to join our team, click here to schedule a call with her.
Take your business to the next level without losing your sanity!
Join STRIVE membership and get the support and accountability you need to take the next steps towards achieving your goals on your own terms