EP 232: Passive Investing in Today's Market with Liz FairclothJan 27, 2022
There are so many incredible benefits in passive investing, but in this episode, we’re going to dig a little deeper into how to find success in the people-side of the business with our very own co-host, Liz Faircloth!
Liz co-founded the DeRosa Group in 2005, with her husband, Matt, with one mission in mind: to “transform lives through real estate." DeRosa now holds over $60M of residential and commercial assets throughout the east coast.
To scale her mission to help women in Real Estate to live a financially free and balanced life while building generational wealth, she co-founded The Real Estate InvestHER® community, now with over 56 Meetups across the US and Canada, an online community and membership that offers accountability and mentorship for women to take their business to the next level on their own terms!
Liz is also a published InvestHER’s first book, “The Only Woman in the Room - Knowledge and Inspiration from 20 Successful Real Estate Women Investors!”
We’re going to dive into Liz’s story, learn from some of her early missteps, pick her brain to find out some of the best-kept secrets in passive investing, and see how she sets herself and others up for long-term wins in today’s market!
• “We knew we wanted to grow a business, we knew we wanted to buy a lot of units… and one way to do that is to work with other people.” (5:24 - 5:33)
• “It's not just making money. This is lifestyle… How exciting it is to hear one of our investors say, ‘my wife now can retire because of the investment we did with you!’” (10:06 - 10:17)
• “There are tons of benefits to being a passive investor, but if you don't know why someone wants to passively invest with you, then you're not able to speak their language… You really want to make sure you tie in all the amazingness that you have to share with what they need and want.” (11:34 - 12:04)
• “It should be a win-win, you shouldn't be losing if you're an active investor. You should not be losing when you're working with a passive investor.” (14:30 - 14:36)
• “When you are in this business, you need to do the right thing. In my opinion, there are things you need to do legally, and then it goes beyond that.” (28:03 - 28:12)
• “The once-a-week thinking time that I've incorporated recently… that creates a level of going within and saying, ‘what's working and what's not right now…?’ That really sets me up for success when I do it consistently.” (36:50 - 37:15)
Connect with Liz Faircloth:
We have an exciting investment opportunity that InvestHER has partnered with the DeRosa Group on! It is a 670-unit value-add portfolio that is diversified across five separate garden-style apartment complexes in Winston-Salem, NC, and Lexington, KY. DeRosa already owns apartment complexes in both markets and has the team and systems in place already!
*This is a 506c offering for Accredited Investors only.
To Learn More - https://www.therealestateinvesther.com/deals
Please visit our events page to join an upcoming Webinar!
How To Join the InvestHER Movement
The weekly show details the journey of some of the most amazing women real estate investors around the world, who open up their lives and share practical and strategic tools for growing a rental portfolio, flipping houses and the mindset that allows them to run a successful investing business while taking care of their families and most importantly taking care of themselves.
STRIVE is a one-of-a-kind membership for experienced women investors looking to make deeper connections and take their Real Estate business to the next level. It is more than a transactional membership, it is a transformational experience for women looking to live life on their own terms.
Apply today. We open doors in June. https://www.therealestateinvesther.com/reserve
We have thousand of members in our Facebook InvestHER Community (and growing!) This is a safe place for women to ask real estate investing questions and gain the support they need to achieve their goals!
We have Investher Meetup members attending in person meetings across the country and Canada. Meetups are being held monthly by experienced InvestHER Leaders! Learn more about our InvestHER leaders, meetup locations, and how to become an InvestHER Leader HERE!
Our mission is to empower women in Real Estate to live a financially free and balanced life, and we are extending our support to Real Estate agents worldwide.
We have created exclusive content and support for the InvestHER™ eXp Team:
*Top skills and strategies to grow YOUR business
*How to utilize your “real estate agent” advantage to become a real estate investor
*Monthly live masterminds
*Become part of Libertas Organization with top coaches, Tim and Julie Harris.
Take your business to the next level without losing your sanity!
Join STRIVE membership and get the support and accountability you need to take the next steps towards achieving your goals on your own terms