EP 236: Slowing Down to Speed Up with Julie HollyFeb 01, 2022
To grow, as so many of us want to do, you have to slow down and get connected to what's important to you. Let’s explore this important concept with today's guest Julie Holly.
Starting in single-family homes and house-hacking before it had a name, she managed properties from 1k miles away and currently invests passively in nearly 300 doors.
In this episode, Liz and Andresa dig deep into Julie's experience as an educator, her ability to relate with people, and how she's helping people reframe the belief of having to go "full steam ahead" and, instead, stopping until you become the kind of person you want to be.
If you want to be a high performer, achieve long-term success, or even ease the overwhelm, jump in and learn the power of slowing down to speed up!
• “We forget that everything that we are created with, sometimes it takes time to grow and to incubate.” (8:34 - 8:42)
• “Sometimes you have to take a hard stop and go, ‘Who do I want to be?’ And when you know who you want to be, sometimes you just press pause and say, ‘No, no, no, stop. Full stop! That's not the direction I want to go, and until I can figure out how to get where I want to go, this train stops here.’” (9:57 - 10:07)
• “I had to learn how to value myself and to see myself the way other people see me… I've learned to accept who I am, for better, for worse.” (19:48 - 20:37)
• “The clearer you are on what you want, the easier it is to say no to other things because it doesn't align. It's easier to say, ‘Oh, well, that doesn't align with where I'm going.’” (24:30 - 24:40)
• “I'd rather serve people well and say, ‘You know what, it's better to move forward and struggle your way forward and be going forward than to just stay on the sidelines.’” (31:58 - 32:07)
• “We can't know it all, and there's always gonna be somebody else ahead of us. Like, it doesn't matter. So that's why knowing where you want to go is so critical.” (38:51 - 38:58)
Connect with Jully Holly:
IN: Julie Holly
- BiggerPockets Podcast
- Monique Halm
- Stillness is the Key
- The Gap and the Gain
- Julie Holly’s Backend Website
- High Performance Habits
How To Join the InvestHER Movement
The weekly show details the journey of some of the most amazing women real estate investors around the world, who open up their lives and share practical and strategic tools for growing a rental portfolio, flipping houses and the mindset that allows them to run a successful investing business while taking care of their families and most importantly taking care of themselves.
STRIVE is a one-of-a-kind membership for experienced women investors looking to make deeper connections and take their Real Estate business to the next level. It is more than a transactional membership, it is a transformational experience for women looking to live life on their own terms.
Apply today. We open doors in June. https://www.therealestateinvesther.com/reserve
We have thousand of members in our Facebook InvestHER Community (and growing!) This is a safe place for women to ask real estate investing questions and gain the support they need to achieve their goals!
We have Investher Meetup members attending in person meetings across the country and Canada. Meetups are being held monthly by experienced InvestHER Leaders! Learn more about our InvestHER leaders, meetup locations, and how to become an InvestHER Leader HERE!
Our mission is to empower women in Real Estate to live a financially free and balanced life, and we are extending our support to Real Estate agents worldwide.
We have created exclusive content and support for the InvestHER™ eXp Team:
*Top skills and strategies to grow YOUR business
*How to utilize your “real estate agent” advantage to become a real estate investor
*Monthly live masterminds
*Become part of Libertas Organization with top coaches, Tim and Julie Harris.
Take your business to the next level without losing your sanity!
Join STRIVE membership and get the support and accountability you need to take the next steps towards achieving your goals on your own terms