EP 241: 5 Things to Consider Before Hiring a Team Member (Minisode)Feb 08, 2022
You’re building your business, you’re scaling, and seeing results - it’s time to stop doing it all yourself and build a team!
That said, whom you hire as your team member can have a massive impact on your business. So today, Andresa will break down what you should consider before hiring that person.
How do you know if they’re the right fit? How do you find out who they are outside of work? Oh, how about getting your team members trained?! All this and more in today’s episode.
Let’s jump right into it and learn the 5 things to consider before hiring a team member.
• “Here's my number one thing: have a very clear mission, vision, and core values. It’s really important that you do have that very clear so you attract people that can relate to that.” (1:49 - 2:04)
• “Have a one-on-one in person, but outside the office. Go to a coffee shop or meet at some restaurant for a quick meal or something… It's important to get to know the person in a different environment.” (3:56 - 4:10)
• “Think about the tasks that this person is going to do beyond just experience… Give them a task, ask them to complete something by a certain date, and then step back.” (6:33 - 7:26)
• “Be prepared for a transition time… Make sure you have training in place for them to work… The goal here is so you don't waste your time if it's not a good fit.” (8:58 - 9:43)
• “What can we do differently here so we can keep our time on its highest and best use and the highest activities you should be doing? We should all be asking ourselves that.” (10:38 - 10:46)
• “You can hire somebody for two hours a week, five hours a week. We're not talking about this crazy full-time person… But you can start with baby steps.” (10:58 - 11:08)
How To Join the InvestHER Movement
1) The Real Estate InvestHER Podcast
The weekly show details the journey of some of the most amazing women real estate investors around the world, who open up their lives and share practical and strategic tools for growing a rental portfolio, flipping houses and the mindset that allows them to run a successful investing business while taking care of their families and most importantly taking care of themselves.
2) The Real Estate InvestHER Membership
STRIVE is a one-of-a-kind membership for experienced women investors looking to make deeper connections and take their Real Estate business to the next level. It is more than a transactional membership, it is a transformational experience for women looking to live life on their own terms.
Apply today. We open doors in June. https://www.therealestateinvesther.com/reserve
3) InvestHER Community on Facebook
We have thousand of members in our Facebook InvestHER Community (and growing!) This is a safe place for women to ask real estate investing questions and gain the support they need to achieve their goals!
4) InvestHER Meetups Around the Globe
We have Investher Meetup members attending in person meetings across the country and Canada. Meetups are being held monthly by experienced InvestHER Leaders! Learn more about our InvestHER leaders, meetup locations, and how to become an InvestHER Leader HERE!
Our mission is to empower women in Real Estate to live a financially free and balanced life, and we are extending our support to Real Estate agents worldwide.
We have created exclusive content and support for the InvestHER™ eXp Team:
*Top skills and strategies to grow YOUR business
*How to utilize your “real estate agent” advantage to become a real estate investor
*Monthly live masterminds
*Become part of Libertas Organization with top coaches, Tim and Julie Harris.
Jonna Hall Weber is leading our team. If you have any questions or are ready to join our team, click here to schedule a call with her.
Take your business to the next level without losing your sanity!
Join STRIVE membership and get the support and accountability you need to take the next steps towards achieving your goals on your own terms