EP 242: Single Mom of 3 Builds a $30M RV Park Portfolio with Heather BlankenshipFeb 11, 2022
In this episode, Liz and Andresa tackle a different asset class than usual, RV Parks! There's no better person to give us valuable insights than the queen of RV investing herself, Heather Blankenship.
With over 11 years of experience in the industry, Heather has supported nearly $300M in transactions and has over $30M in real estate assets with no partners. She currently manages more than 30 workers and has scaled her business while raising 3 kids as a single mom!
She currently serves as a board member for the National Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds (ARVC). She's also President of the Tennessee Association of RV Parks and Campgrounds.
Whether you're in single-family, multifamily, or thinking of going into RV Parks, this episode is for you. Heather will be giving some unique perspectives and strategies from her niche that can help you dominate your market!
Dive in, and let's learn a bit more about how a single mom of 3 built a $30M RV Park portfolio!
• "I had to go figure out how to pull a bankrupt property out of something and figure out how to make it profitable, and it all kind of started there.” (7:25 - 7:33)
• "If you've learned about multifamily already, or you're familiar with multifamily, [RV Park Investing] is pretty simple. The art is learning what should and shouldn't be in a profit and loss statement.” (14:43 - 15:03)
• "If you're so focused on working IN your business, you can't work ON your business. Because I had bought something I didn't know anything about, I had to work in it to actually learn how to manage people and operate the property.” (19:03 - 19:17)
• "I think being able to hire somebody versus trusting people are two very different things. As you grow, you won't have a choice but to hire people; otherwise, you can't grow.” (23:52 - 24:01)
• "You can either have control, or you can have growth. So you've got to decide which you want.” (26:37 - 26:41)
• "We come up with all the reasons we couldn't have done it… You literally just make it work. You can come up with all the reasons why you can't, or if you jump in and start doing it, you'd have no choice. You just keep going!” (28:24 - 28:33)
Connect with Heather :
Time: June 23-24
Place: Charlotte, NC
InvestHER CON is a full circle transformational experience created with the women investors’ needs, desires, and schedules in mind. The event brings top-notch experts in Real Estate Investing, Business Strategies, and Self-Care who will push the boundaries, expand the mindset, and promote deeper connections among the attendees. Learn from real teachers who will share actionable strategies so you can leave the event with the knowledge, connections, and confidence to grow your investing business and live life on your own terms.
Get your ticket today! https://www.therealestateinvesther.com/investhercon
How To Join the InvestHER Movement
1) The Real Estate InvestHER Podcast
The weekly show details the journey of some of the most amazing women real estate investors around the world, who open up their lives and share practical and strategic tools for growing a rental portfolio, flipping houses and the mindset that allows them to run a successful investing business while taking care of their families and most importantly taking care of themselves.
2) The Real Estate InvestHER Membership
STRIVE is a one-of-a-kind membership for experienced women investors looking to make deeper connections and take their Real Estate business to the next level. It is more than a transactional membership, it is a transformational experience for women looking to live life on their own terms.
Apply today. We open doors in June. https://www.therealestateinvesther.com/reserve
3) InvestHER Community on Facebook
We have thousand of members in our Facebook InvestHER Community (and growing!) This is a safe place for women to ask real estate investing questions and gain the support they need to achieve their goals!
4) InvestHER Meetups Around the Globe
We have Investher Meetup members attending in person meetings across the country and Canada. Meetups are being held monthly by experienced InvestHER Leaders! Learn more about our InvestHER leaders, meetup locations, and how to become an InvestHER Leader HERE!
Our mission is to empower women in Real Estate to live a financially free and balanced life, and we are extending our support to Real Estate agents worldwide.
We have created exclusive content and support for the InvestHER™ eXp Team:
*Top skills and strategies to grow YOUR business
*How to utilize your “real estate agent” advantage to become a real estate investor
*Monthly live masterminds
*Become part of Libertas Organization with top coaches, Tim and Julie Harris.
Jonna Hall Weber is leading our team. If you have any questions or are ready to join our team, click here to schedule a call with her.
Take your business to the next level without losing your sanity!
Join STRIVE membership and get the support and accountability you need to take the next steps towards achieving your goals on your own terms