EP 248: Leaving Her W-2 to Double the Value of Her Mobile Home ParkMar 04, 2022
I bet some of you have wondered if mobile home investing is a good idea. Perhaps, you’re hesitating and believe that this business may not work that well. Today on the show, we have Amanda Cruise, an expert in mobile home park investing, and she will aid you to better understand how this business works!
Amanda is the owner and Director of Analytics & Investor Relations at Voyage Investing. She currently owns 80 mobile home park lots and works with individuals to put their savings or retirement accounts to work through partnering on mobile home park deals.
Outside of the investing world, Amanda has spent 12 years in the data analysis field and she manages a team of data analysts at a large U.S. credit card company.
In this episode, Amanda shares how to grow a business in an authentic way, how to make a business plan, and how she gained the confidence to do mobile home parks. Let’s dive in!
• "We're giving somebody a home they would never be able to qualify for. It was such a win-win..” (09:43 - 09:48)
• "We definitely like being in the affordable housing niche. It feels good to be providing safe, affordable homes. And it's a really growing niche, there's a lot of demand for that niche. ” (15:04 - 15:16)
• "I will say I'm not afraid of failure…I like to play the game of what is the worst thing that could happen?.” (19:59 - 20:15)
• "Having vulnerable conversations is not easy. Because in order to have vulnerable, real, vulnerable conversations, you have to take responsibility for what you are or not doing.” (27:42 - 27:53)
• "The biggest piece right now is partnering with people who will either become passive investors or bring on passive investors for us.” (32:58 - 33:06)
• "Listening to her [Bréne Brown] talk about vulnerability has really changed my life and the relationship not just with my husband, but with everybody. And being able to put that guard down and know that helps you truly connect with other people on a level that you can't otherwise.”(40:04 - 40:17)
Connect with Amanda:
- The High 5 Habit - Mel Robbins
- Daring Greatly - Bréne Brown
- 3 Reasons Mobile Home Parks are better investments than single-family homes
- Who Not How - Dan Sullivan
Time: June 23-24
Place: Charlotte, NC
InvestHER CON is a full circle transformational experience created with the women investors’ needs, desires, and schedules in mind. The event brings top-notch experts in Real Estate Investing, Business Strategies, and Self-Care who will push the boundaries, expand the mindset, and promote deeper connections among the attendees. Learn from real teachers who will share actionable strategies so you can leave the event with the knowledge, connections, and confidence to grow your investing business and live life on your own terms.
Get your ticket today: https://www.therealestateinvesther.com/investhercon
How To Join the InvestHER Movement
The weekly show details the journey of some of the most amazing women real estate investors around the world, who open up their lives and share practical and strategic tools for growing a rental portfolio, flipping houses and the mindset that allows them to run a successful investing business while taking care of their families and most importantly taking care of themselves.
STRIVE is a one-of-a-kind membership for experienced women investors looking to make deeper connections and take their Real Estate business to the next level. It is more than a transactional membership, it is a transformational experience for women looking to live life on their own terms.
Apply today. We open doors in June. https://www.therealestateinvesther.com/reserve
We have thousand of members in our Facebook InvestHER Community (and growing!) This is a safe place for women to ask real estate investing questions and gain the support they need to achieve their goals!
We have Investher Meetup members attending in person meetings across the country and Canada. Meetups are being held monthly by experienced InvestHER Leaders! Learn more about our InvestHER leaders, meetup locations, and how to become an InvestHER Leader HERE!
Our mission is to empower women in Real Estate to live a financially free and balanced life, and we are extending our support to Real Estate agents worldwide.
We have created exclusive content and support for the InvestHER™ eXp Team:
*Top skills and strategies to grow YOUR business
*How to utilize your “real estate agent” advantage to become a real estate investor
*Monthly live masterminds
*Become part of Libertas Organization with top coaches, Tim and Julie Harris.
Take your business to the next level without losing your sanity!
Join STRIVE membership and get the support and accountability you need to take the next steps towards achieving your goals on your own terms