EP 254: Her Inspiring Journey From Poverty to Owning Over 2300 UnitsMar 25, 2022
When facing financial struggles, how is your mindset? It’s either thinking like a victim or finding ways to improve the situation. For today’s guest, she chose the latter and decided to scale exponentially in real estate.
In this episode, Ellie Perlman shares her story on how she started from poverty and turned the situation around by making the active choice of finding the common denominator of successful people. She got into the game of real estate by studying and being mentored. She points out that the way to win in this industry is treating the investors and tenants right. Being confident with yourself and utilizing the power of visualization are the ingredients for robust execution.
Ellie helps passive investors grow their wealth through multifamily investments in the strongest markets across the U.S., and maximize their returns by implementing comprehensive value-add plans to unlock investment value and increase profitability.
Stay tuned until the end to be inspired to scale and make a huge impact in the realm of real estate.
• “When you're struggling financially, you have two options. You either... be the victim…or you can say, wait a minute, what can I do to improve my situation?” (5:51 - 6:12)
• “When you don't have money, all you can think of is how do I make money. You're just obsessed with money. And and that's where I was, and I'm not ashamed to admit it.” (12:45 - 12:54)
• “If you're focused on the right things…treat tenants, employees, and investors right, the money will follow.” (17:43 - 18:50)
• “When you put a number in a specific numerical measurable target, it's much easier to set immediate goals and take actually immediate actions.” (24:21 -24:51)
• “We try not to be overly focused on certain markets and stick to them for years. We try to let the data guide us, you know, that's one of the things that we do on top of just thinking outside of the box.” (43:02 -43:14)
• “The one thing I keep telling people [is] that when you do get advice, pay attention to who you get advice from. If they're successful in the area where you're getting the advice from, then you want to listen.” (49:04 - 49:15)
Connect with Ellie:
- Rich Dad Poor Dad by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- Rich Dad's CASHFLOW Quadrant by Robert T. Kiyosaki
- Who by Geoff Smart
- The ONE Thing by Gary Keller and Jay Papasan
Time: June 23-24
Place: Charlotte, NC
InvestHER CON is a full circle transformational experience created with the women investors’ needs, desires, and schedules in mind. The event brings top-notch experts in Real Estate Investing, Business Strategies, and Self-Care who will push the boundaries, expand the mindset, and promote deeper connections among the attendees. Learn from real teachers who will share actionable strategies so you can leave the event with the knowledge, connections, and confidence to grow your investing business and live life on your own terms.
Get your ticket today: https://www.therealestateinvesther.com/investhercon
How To Join the InvestHER Movement
The weekly show details the journey of some of the most amazing women real estate investors around the world, who open up their lives and share practical and strategic tools for growing a rental portfolio, flipping houses, and the mindset that allows them to run a successful investing business while taking care of their families and most importantly taking care of themselves.
STRIVE is a one-of-a-kind membership for experienced women investors looking to make deeper connections and take their Real Estate business to the next level. It is more than a transactional membership, and it is a transformational experience for women looking to live life on their own terms.
Apply today. We open doors in June. https://www.therealestateinvesther.com/reserve
We have thousands of members in our Facebook InvestHER Community (and growing!) This is a safe place for women to ask real estate investing questions and gain the support they need to achieve their goals!
We have Investher Meetup members attending in-person meetings across the country and Canada. Meetups are being held monthly by experienced InvestHER Leaders! Learn more about our InvestHER leaders, meetup locations, and how to become an InvestHER Leader HERE!
Our mission is to empower women in Real Estate to live a financially free and balanced life, and we are extending our support to Real Estate agents worldwide.
We have created exclusive content and support for the InvestHER™ eXp Team:
*Top skills and strategies to grow YOUR business
*How to utilize your “real estate agent” advantage to become a real estate investor
*Monthly live masterminds
*Become part of Libertas Organization with top coaches, Tim and Julie Harris.
Take your business to the next level without losing your sanity!
Join STRIVE membership and get the support and accountability you need to take the next steps towards achieving your goals on your own terms