EP 270: How She Grew to 90 Rental Doors in 9 Months with Chandra LacyMay 20, 2022
When your life is turned upside down, how will you find your ground?
In this episode, Chandra Lacy tells us how she rose up from a challenging situation and created a new path for herself as a real estate investor. She found a gap in the market and structured a business model that took her from 0 to 90 rental doors. Together with Liz and Andresa, they discuss the importance of finding partnerships, building networks, and having the courage to chase your goals.
It started in 2018 when Chandra Lacy noticed a dramatic decrease in inventory. This meant it was harder to find homes for her clients, and she decided to take things into her own hands. Chandra created an inventory and immediately began to work with investors to assist in renovating properties to create beautiful "like-new" homes. This was the start of her flipping business and, with the profits she makes from this, she buys rentals. Through this system, Chandra was able to take her business to the next level. She has also acquired 3 mobile home parks, 60 storage units, and one warehouse with 19 mobile units and 63 RV parking rentals.
As a single mom and a domestic violence survivor, Chandra is passionate about teaching other women how to achieve financial freedom.
• “When your wheel is set in motion and fixed, and you're focused on that, and you can go, there's motion. It is a beautiful thing.” (14:24-14:36)
• “The synergy that we had in a partnership was key. We don't fight or have conflict over issues… it's more about finding solutions. And that's what really catapulted us to this next level." (18:44-18:58)
• “Don't live in fear. Build your community because they will build you up. And they will get you past that fear. And then you can achieve everything you want once you have that support behind you.” (27:56-28:08)
• “We cannot be afraid to ask. Ask for what you want. Ask for what you need.” (33:34-33:38)
• “Don't just get lost in the avalanche of business but dive in and say what is it that I need now? Is it the assets? Or is it the cash flow? And then make that happen.” (36:54-37:04)
• “As women, we have these dreams in our hearts that we are fearful of sharing because of loss, because of turmoil we've been through in our life. And when we open up those dreams, and talk, and let it be part of our story, that world unfolds for us.” (39:33-39:42)
Connect with Chandra:
Time: June 23-24
Place: Charlotte, NC
InvestHER CON is a full circle transformational experience created with the women investors’ needs, desires, and schedules in mind. The event brings top-notch experts in Real Estate Investing, Business Strategies, and Self-Care who will push the boundaries, expand the mindset, and promote deeper connections among the attendees. Learn from real teachers who will share actionable strategies so you can leave the event with the knowledge, connections, and confidence to grow your investing business and live life on your own terms.
Get your ticket today: https://www.therealestateinvesther.com/investhercon
How To Join the InvestHER Movement
1) The Real Estate InvestHER Podcast - The weekly show details the journey of some of the most amazing women real estate investors around the world, who open up their lives and share practical and strategic tools for growing a rental portfolio, flipping houses, and the mindset that allows them to run a successful investing business while taking care of their families and most importantly taking care of themselves. Subscribe via:
2) The Real Estate InvestHER Membership
STRIVE is a one-of-a-kind membership for experienced women investors looking to make deeper connections and take their Real Estate business to the next level. It is more than a transactional membership, and it is a transformational experience for women looking to live life on their own terms.
Apply today. We open doors in June. https://www.therealestateinvesther.com/reserve
3) InvestHER Community on Facebook
We have thousands of members in our Facebook InvestHER Community (and growing!) This is a safe place for women to ask real estate investing questions and gain the support they need to achieve their goals!
4) InvestHER Meetups Around the Globe
We have Investher Meetup members attending in-person meetings across the country and Canada. Meetups are being held monthly by experienced InvestHER Leaders! Learn more about our InvestHER leaders, meetup locations, and how to become an InvestHER Leader HERE!
Our mission is to empower women in Real Estate to live a financially free and balanced life, and we are extending our support to Real Estate agents worldwide.
We have created exclusive content and support for the InvestHER™ eXp Team:
*Top skills and strategies to grow YOUR business
*How to utilize your “real estate agent” advantage to become a real estate investor
*Monthly live masterminds
*Become part of Libertas Organization with top coaches, Tim and Julie Harris.
Jonna Hall Weber is leading our team. If you have any questions or are ready to join our team, click here to schedule a call with her.
Take your business to the next level without losing your sanity!
Join STRIVE membership and get the support and accountability you need to take the next steps towards achieving your goals on your own terms