EP 279: Partnering up with General Contractor on a DealJun 21, 2022
Hiring a general contractor requires a great deal of consideration, let alone partnering with one. How do we make sure that we’re choosing the right people and getting the best value?
In this minisode, Andresa lists her criteria when partnering with general contractors. She talks about her own experience on how she successfully partnered up with a GC to complete a construction project. Listen in and learn why it’s better to establish a relationship first before setting up a partnership and understand the importance of openness and well-defined roles.
• “If you have not worked with this particular person before and you're just partnering up the first time, my answer will be don't do it.” (1:31-1:44)
• “To me, it will be super, super high risk. If you're going into a partnership for the first time, trying to build that relationship at the same time that you are partnering up with them, it doesn't work. It doesn't work at all.” (4:33-4:50)
• “It's very important that it's an open book, meaning I know every single cent that goes in and out." (5:42-5:51)
• “Would I partner up with them again? No, because my goal at the beginning was to learn about new construction. Now, I’d rather not partner up with them. I’d hire them. Why? Because I'm sharing my profit at the end of the day, and I’d rather keep the profit.” (8:11-8:43)
• “I would highly recommend that it needs to be more than just savings with the general contractor cost.” (9:29-9:37)
• “The key is to just move the needle. You could partner in a small way, and then it grows as you get more comfortable. It doesn't have to be all or nothing.” (9:40-9:48)
Time: June 23-24
Place: Charlotte, NC
InvestHER CON is a full circle transformational experience created with the women investors’ needs, desires, and schedules in mind. The event brings top-notch experts in Real Estate Investing, Business Strategies, and Self-Care who will push the boundaries, expand the mindset, and promote deeper connections among the attendees. Learn from real teachers who will share actionable strategies so you can leave the event with the knowledge, connections, and confidence to grow your investing business and live life on your own terms.
Get your ticket today: https://www.therealestateinvesther.com/investhercon
How To Join the InvestHER Movement
1) The Real Estate InvestHER Podcast - The weekly show details the journey of some of the most amazing women real estate investors around the world, who open up their lives and share practical and strategic tools for growing a rental portfolio, flipping houses, and the mindset that allows them to run a successful investing business while taking care of their families and most importantly taking care of themselves. Subscribe via:
STRIVE is a one-of-a-kind membership for experienced women investors looking to make deeper connections and take their Real Estate business to the next level. It is more than a transactional membership, and it is a transformational experience for women looking to live life on their own terms.
Apply today. We open doors in June. https://www.therealestateinvesther.com/reserve
We have thousands of members in our Facebook InvestHER Community (and growing!) This is a safe place for women to ask real estate investing questions and gain the support they need to achieve their goals!
We have Investher Meetup members attending in-person meetings across the country and Canada. Meetups are being held monthly by experienced InvestHER Leaders! Learn more about our InvestHER leaders, meetup locations, and how to become an InvestHER Leader HERE!
Our mission is to empower women in Real Estate to live a financially free and balanced life, and we are extending our support to Real Estate agents worldwide.
We have created exclusive content and support for the InvestHER™ eXp Team:
*Top skills and strategies to grow YOUR business
*How to utilize your “real estate agent” advantage to become a real estate investor
*Monthly live masterminds
*Become part of Libertas Organization with top coaches, Tim and Julie Harris.
Take your business to the next level without losing your sanity!
Join STRIVE membership and get the support and accountability you need to take the next steps towards achieving your goals on your own terms