EP 280: Navigating Uncertain Times by Securing the Most Favorable Mortgages with Mariyan BahadarakhannJun 24, 2022
The process of buying a house has become even more challenging especially now that mortgage rates are rising up. Banks, credit unions, and other traditional lenders are happy to take on your application, but how do you know that you are getting the best deal?
In this episode, Mariyan Bahadarakhann joins Liz and Andresa to discuss how you could negotiate for lower rates based on your buying objectives, what the best financing options are for you based on your credit score, and how to prepare before making a mortgage application.
Mariyan Bahadarakhann was born in Cambodia and moved to America when she was two. She was raised by her mom along with six siblings. As an immigrant, life was not easy growing up and so she swore she’d do whatever it takes to have a better life. Today, she is a successful real estate broker and mortgage consultant passionate about helping her clients attain financial freedom by finding the right mortgage program that fits their needs.
• “When it comes to negotiating, as a broker myself, people say, ‘Oh, it's set in stone. It's fixed.’ But you know, there's always something you can do.” (9:53-10:01)
• “Do your research. Figure out if somebody had a good experience with somebody. It's okay to interview the loan officer or the broker you're working with. I think it's important to have that relationship." (13:25-13:35)
• “I always recommend going with traditional lending first because you have the best interest rate.” (18:29-18:33)
• “If somebody takes your application or not know the information and wants to put you in the highest risk loan, then that should be a red flag.” (19:52-19:58)
• “Lay out your full financial picture. ‘This is what I'm working with. These are my challenges. What do you think is the best option for me?’ It's so important to get to the nitty-gritty of your specific goals.” (28:20-28:39)
• “You have to have the ability to repay the loan. So if you're tight in every aspect of your life, they're going to look at you as a really high risk.” (41:28-41:42)
Connect with Mariyan:
STRIVE Membership Doors are OPEN for a limited time!
STRIVE is a one-of-a-kind membership for women Real Estate investors designed to amplify your success. Grow your business to its full potential and build generational wealth by focusing on your core genius while leveraging the experience and resources of other women investors.
If you have been looking for a way to make deeper connections with like-minded investHERs and scale your business with confidence, then the STRIVE Membership is for you!
How To Join the InvestHER Movement
1) The Real Estate InvestHER Podcast - The weekly show details the journey of some of the most amazing women real estate investors around the world, who open up their lives and share practical and strategic tools for growing a rental portfolio, flipping houses, and the mindset that allows them to run a successful investing business while taking care of their families and most importantly taking care of themselves. Subscribe via:
STRIVE is a one-of-a-kind membership for experienced women investors looking to make deeper connections and take their Real Estate business to the next level. It is more than a transactional membership, and it is a transformational experience for women looking to live life on their own terms.
Apply today. We open doors in June. https://www.therealestateinvesther.com/reserve
We have thousands of members in our Facebook InvestHER Community (and growing!) This is a safe place for women to ask real estate investing questions and gain the support they need to achieve their goals!
We have Investher Meetup members attending in-person meetings across the country and Canada. Meetups are being held monthly by experienced InvestHER Leaders! Learn more about our InvestHER leaders, meetup locations, and how to become an InvestHER Leader HERE!
Our mission is to empower women in Real Estate to live a financially free and balanced life, and we are extending our support to Real Estate agents worldwide.
We have created exclusive content and support for the InvestHER™ eXp Team:
*Top skills and strategies to grow YOUR business
*How to utilize your “real estate agent” advantage to become a real estate investor
*Monthly live masterminds
*Become part of Libertas Organization with top coaches, Tim and Julie Harris.
Take your business to the next level without losing your sanity!
Join STRIVE membership and get the support and accountability you need to take the next steps towards achieving your goals on your own terms