EP: 284 From $135,000 in Debt to Selling her Company to Bill Gates with Beate CheletteJul 08, 2022
When all the cards are stacked against us, how do we stand our ground and take back our power?
In this episode, Beate Chelette shares her incredible story of being in deep debt and ending up selling her company to Bill Gates. Hit after hit, she came to the lowest point yet she chose to get up. Instead, she gave in to her circumstances and turned her setbacks into successes. Beate wants women to thrive the same way by employing the mindset of curiosity and unapologetically being in charge of their lives.
Beate Chelette is The Growth Architect and Founder of The Women’s Code. She is passionate about building businesses that serve others, make an impact and instantaneously create abundance. The path to making her impact is not a Princess story. She found herself stressed out, and overwhelmed as a single mother, and immigrant in America with over $135,000 in debt. With great insight, resilience, and perseverance, she figured out how to build (yet another) business and successfully sold it to the one and only, Bill Gates.
• “All of this is happening and you go like, ‘What did I ever do to deserve this?’ And that's the wrong question because the right question is ‘Where's the gift in this?’” (11:51-12:01)
• “ The mental mindset shift that happens is that you go, I will not be attached. I am going to have to do bigger steps." (19:31-19:44)
• All we have control over is the goal. We know where we are and we know where we want to go. How we get there just isn't up to us.” (20:28-20:35)
• “You keep going because you know that every mountain has a top. So if you give up now, you're going to go right back down to where you came from and you accomplished nothing.” (21:40-21:52)
• “The structure is set up so that women are in a cat fight with each other. They are raised and challenged almost to take each other out.” (24:09-24:22)
• “Know that other women are good women. Build these important female relationships and understand that this system structure is just stacked against us.” (27:28-27:40)
Connect with Beate:
How To Join the InvestHER Movement
1) InvestHER CON 2023
Meet Us in Arizona! | InvestHER CON 2023 Early Bird Tickets are available now!
The inaugural InvestHER CON was unforgettable.
We saw women freely raising their hands, asking questions, and going to the mic to share their thoughts; we saw women confidently speaking with sponsors, holding intimate conversations with each other, and connecting on a deeper level with themselves.
You laughed with us.
You cried with us.
You played in the arena with us.
And most of all, you inspired us!
We’re not stopping there. We’re thrilled to announce that InvestHER CON will be returning in May 2023, at a venue in sunny Arizona!
Early bird tickets are available now:
2) The Real Estate InvestHER Podcast - The weekly show details the journey of some of the most amazing women real estate investors around the world, who open up their lives and share practical and strategic tools for growing a rental portfolio, flipping houses, and the mindset that allows them to run a successful investing business while taking care of their families and most importantly taking care of themselves. Subscribe via:
3) The Real Estate InvestHER Membership
STRIVE is a one-of-a-kind membership for experienced women investors looking to make deeper connections and take their Real Estate business to the next level. It is more than a transactional membership, and it is a transformational experience for women looking to live life on their own terms.
4) InvestHER Community on Facebook
We have thousands of members in our Facebook InvestHER Community (and growing!) This is a safe place for women to ask real estate investing questions and gain the support they need to achieve their goals!
5) InvestHER Meetups Around the Globe
We have Investher Meetup members attending in-person meetings across the country and Canada. Meetups are being held monthly by experienced InvestHER Leaders! Learn more about our InvestHER leaders, meetup locations, and how to become an InvestHER Leader HERE!
6) InvestHER™ eXp Team
Our mission is to empower women in Real Estate to live a financially free and balanced life, and we are extending our support to Real Estate agents worldwide.
We have created exclusive content and support for the InvestHER™ eXp Team:
*Top skills and strategies to grow YOUR business
*How to utilize your “real estate agent” advantage to become a real estate investor
*Monthly live masterminds
*Become part of Libertas Organization with top coaches, Tim and Julie Harris.
Jonna Hall Weber is leading our team. If you have any questions or are ready to join our team, click here to schedule a call with her.
Take your business to the next level without losing your sanity!
Join STRIVE membership and get the support and accountability you need to take the next steps towards achieving your goals on your own terms