EP 336: Why You Should Consider Holistic Real Estate Development with Sandra GlennJan 06, 2023
Welcome ladies to the Real Estate InvestHER Show. On today's episode, we have a very special guest, Sandra Dungee Glenn! Sandra is the Founder Partner of The Collective, a group of Black real estate developers advancing social impact development in Philadelphia. She has over 40 years of experience in public policy, electoral politics, education, and community organizing, and has served in executive positions. Sandra is skilled in creating public engagement strategies and managing political and institutional relationships and is an experienced convener who brings diverse stakeholders together to tackle multi-faceted urban issues.
We will be discussing how real estate can be more than just a way to make money - it can also have a positive social impact on communities. Sandra shares her experience using real estate to improve health, wealth, and wellness in Philadelphia and Trenton, New Jersey. She also shares her wisdom on navigating the male-dominated world of real estate with confidence and self-worth. Plus, we discuss the importance of engaging with and being a part of the local community when investing in real estate, and why it's crucial to measure tangible outcomes from projects.
Ladies, this is a perfect episode for anyone interested in using real estate to make a positive impact in their community. Don't forget to share it with other women who might benefit from Sandra's insights and experiences.
· “When you're being tested with your time, with anything in your in your life, just remember the training that you had and where you were going.” (05:30 – 05:41)
· "Holistic development is when you can use the real estate, the physical asset to address health, wealth, and wellness of the people there, and you are investing in them as opposed to displacing them”. (13:44 - 13:57)
· “We have to make sure that the decisions are in the hands of developers who understand and know how to protect the value of community neighborhoods.” (25:19 - 25:29)
· “I think what is most important is not being afraid to talk and connect [with the communities] And even in some cases negotiating with them because they have to be a part of the process and not be seen as the last step of the process.” (33:40 - 33:59)
· “You have to start with the vision and the will. You have to really want to do it, and it has to be important to you. It has to be a priority. And then the how gets a little easier.” (42:15 – 42:26)
Connect with Sandra:
Email: [email protected]
How To Join the InvestHER Movement
Get a ticket to IC2023 and receive access to the 2022 recordings immediately!
· How to spot a good deal from a bad deal? - Kim Kiyosaki + HANDOUT
· Why 10x Is Easier Than 2x - Shannon Waller + HANDOUT
· And much MORE!
Here is what you can expect at InvestHER CON 2023:
· Pre-event network
· 2 Full days of transformational experiences
· Access to over 20 Sessions with Keynotes and Speakers
· Recordings from all sessions
· Access to investors, mentors, and influencers
· Mindful networking
· Opportunities to connect with our sponsors + vendors
· Coffee and Lunch included
· Final Reception: Red Party
· Live 30-day Group Accountability Virtual Session with the Founders Liz and Andresa
· Exclusive Breakfast for STRIVE members only.
"InvestHer CON was truly a transformative experience. I have felt so alone for so long and now I feel like a have a community of support. I don’t have to be the master of everything and take it all on my shoulders, I just have to do what I am excellent at."
We reserved the entire resort for us!
Join us in Scottsdale, Arizona, May 18-19. Get your ticket today!
*Promotion ends on Dec 31st at midnight EST
2) The Real Estate InvestHER Podcast - The weekly show details the journey of some of the most amazing women real estate investors around the world, who open up their lives and share practical and strategic tools for growing a rental portfolio, flipping houses, and the mindset that allows them to run a successful investing business while taking care of their families and most importantly taking care of themselves. Subscribe via:
STRIVE A membership for highly ambitious and decisive Real Estate investors looking to build generational wealth on their own terms.
Are you ready to...
· Grow your Real Estate portfolio on your own terms.
· Make deeper relationships with successful women playing at the same level
· Build a reliable team and leave solopreneurship behind
· Implement processes and systems that will allow you to scale your business
STRIVE is for you!
APPLY today at https://www.therealestateinvesther.com/membership
*We only open the doors twice yearly (Dec and May).
We have thousands of members in our Facebook InvestHER Community (and growing!) This is a safe place for women to ask real estate investing questions and gain the support they need to achieve their goals!
We have Investher Meetup members attending in-person meetings across the country and Canada. Meetups are being held monthly by experienced InvestHER Leaders! Learn more about our InvestHER leaders, meetup locations, and how to become an InvestHER Leader HERE!
You helped your clients build their real estate portfolio, now it's time to invest in yourself! Join our all-woman investment group for agents and build your personal portfolio while creating generational wealth!
Get the benefits of being part of a team without extra fees!
Click here and schedule a discovery call with Jonna Weber today!
Take your business to the next level without losing your sanity!
Join STRIVE membership and get the support and accountability you need to take the next steps towards achieving your goals on your own terms