EP 339: Marriage & Investing: What You Should and Should Not Do with Matt & Liz FairclothJan 17, 2023
Ladies, we all know that it is very challenging to have a functioning marriage and a business together with your spouse. That is why on today's minisode of the Real Estate InvestHER show, we have a very special guest. From the InvestHER family, Liz and Matt Faircloth! As a married couple and business partners, they are going to share with us their journey of investing together as they discuss how they navigated a successful partnership while maintaining their relationship. From the importance of clear role delineations to taking responsibility for your own tasks, Liz and Matt provide insight into how they have created an effective team that has allowed them to build generational wealth and achieve financial freedom. This emphasizes the importance of communication between couples who are working together in business and how roles can evolve over time. It also touches on the need for strong relationships between partners, which helps build trust and maintain a healthy environment in which to grow.
Join us for this inspiring conversation as we explore the importance of honest communication when it comes to achieving success both in business and in relationships.
· "One spouse should never be the boss of the other spouse. You can never make your spouse feel less than in the business. It needs to be equals all the time". (06:26 - 06:36)
· "Conversations are a must. Sometimes they are not even nice to have, but they are an absolute must if you want to have a successful marriage". (16:58 - 17:10)
· "The bottom line here is to really list out everything that happens in your household, before even talk about roles in the business. Because if you don't have your personal household in order it's going to affect the business, it is going to affect how you play off each other." (19:59 - 20:13)
· "As long as all four entities [Liz's work, Matt's work, marriage and business] are growing and as long as we have spoken agreements on what each of us are doing to support the growth of those four things, we are going in a direction that feels good is going to hit our financial goals." (32:28 - 32:53)
· "You have to continually know what that other person needs and wants. Then, have the space to ask questions and to listen and then to course correct." (35:32 - 35:46)
How To Join the InvestHER Movement
Get a ticket to IC2023 and receive access to the 2022 recordings immediately!
· How to spot a good deal from a bad deal? - Kim Kiyosaki + HANDOUT
· Why 10x Is Easier Than 2x - Shannon Waller + HANDOUT
· And much MORE!
Here is what you can expect at InvestHER CON 2023:
· Pre-event network
· 2 Full days of transformational experiences
· Access to over 20 Sessions with Keynotes and Speakers
· Recordings from all sessions
· Access to investors, mentors, and influencers
· Mindful networking
· Opportunities to connect with our sponsors + vendors
· Coffee and Lunch included
· Final Reception: Red Party
· Live 30-day Group Accountability Virtual Session with the Founders Liz and Andresa
· Exclusive Breakfast for STRIVE members only.
"InvestHer CON was truly a transformative experience. I have felt so alone for so long and now I feel like a have a community of support. I don’t have to be the master of everything and take it all on my shoulders, I just have to do what I am excellent at."
We reserved the entire resort for us!
Join us in Scottsdale, Arizona, May 18-19. Get your ticket today!
*Promotion ends on Dec 31st at midnight EST
2) The Real Estate InvestHER Podcast - The weekly show details the journey of some of the most amazing women real estate investors around the world, who open up their lives and share practical and strategic tools for growing a rental portfolio, flipping houses, and the mindset that allows them to run a successful investing business while taking care of their families and most importantly taking care of themselves. Subscribe via:
STRIVE A membership for highly ambitious and decisive Real Estate investors looking to build generational wealth on their own terms.
Are you ready to...
· Grow your Real Estate portfolio on your own terms.
· Make deeper relationships with successful women playing at the same level
· Build a reliable team and leave solopreneurship behind
· Implement processes and systems that will allow you to scale your business
STRIVE is for you!
APPLY today at https://www.therealestateinvesther.com/membership
*We only open the doors twice yearly (Dec and May).
We have thousands of members in our Facebook InvestHER Community (and growing!) This is a safe place for women to ask real estate investing questions and gain the support they need to achieve their goals!
We have Investher Meetup members attending in-person meetings across the country and Canada. Meetups are being held monthly by experienced InvestHER Leaders! Learn more about our InvestHER leaders, meetup locations, and how to become an InvestHER Leader HERE!
You helped your clients build their real estate portfolio, now it's time to invest in yourself! Join our all-woman investment group for agents and build your personal portfolio while creating generational wealth!
Get the benefits of being part of a team without extra fees!
Click here and schedule a discovery call with Jonna Weber today!
Take your business to the next level without losing your sanity!
Join STRIVE membership and get the support and accountability you need to take the next steps towards achieving your goals on your own terms