EP 346: What to Consider When Investing InternationallyFeb 10, 2023
Are you ready to take control of your financial future? Welcome to The Real Estate InvestHER Show! In this episode, we have the great Mary Beth Cutshall. Mary Beth is an inspirational leader, an advocate of living life on one’s own terms, and an international investor. Mary Beth has extensive experience in hospitality and multi-family real estate. She founded Amara Capital, which focuses on increasing investment diversity and wealth for minority investors in the US and Portugal. She has over 20 years of experience, valued at over $1.3 billion, and served as Chief Development Officer for HVMG. She is a respected real estate industry C-Suite executive and diversity champion.
With over 1.3 billion dollars in hospitality business syndication under her belt, Mary Beth shares her insights on setting yourself up for success when it comes to investing internationally - with a focus on lifestyle investments and hospitality. She talks about her project in Portugal - a small boutique hotel that is now aligned more with where she is in life - as well as the importance of investing in oneself to reset the brain and boost productivity. Mary Beth emphasizes researching a foreign market before investing, and understanding the local culture, politics, healthcare system, and currency exchange. This conversation touches on the considerations investors face when investing internationally and highlights how scaling is not always necessary for success. Additionally, she provides advice for creating relationships with people who are already familiar with the area.
Tune into this episode to learn all about Mary Beth's journey and how to get started investing internationally!
· “The lesson that's taken me the longest to learn, probably I would understand that my energy is not infinite. It is necessary to recharge. To put everything aside for the moment, even when you're feeling stressed”. (08:11 - 08:39)
· “My biggest mistake is not doing international investments sooner. I wish I hadn't waited that long." (17:21 - 17:25)
· “I would really suggest to the person that is exploring international investments to be a learner and curious. Not knowing what you don't know is the thing that can get you in trouble, which is why it's so important to develop relationships early on.” (25:54 - 25:11)
· “Oftentimes, colleagues ask me “What are you scaling?”. And I'm like: “Bigger is not best for me”. It is not about being the biggest. It is really about working with people. Bigger is not the only way, and I think we have been sold that idea.” (44:55 - 45:33)
· “Remember, it is about making your investments work for you”. (46:02 - 46:05)
Connect with Mary Beth:
How To Join the InvestHER Movement
Get a ticket to IC2023 and receive access to the 2022 recordings immediately!
· How to spot a good deal from a bad deal? - Kim Kiyosaki + HANDOUT
· Why 10x Is Easier Than 2x - Shannon Waller + HANDOUT
· And much MORE!
Here is what you can expect at InvestHER CON 2023:
· Pre-event network
· 2 Full days of transformational experiences
· Access to over 20 Sessions with Keynotes and Speakers
· Recordings from all sessions
· Access to investors, mentors, and influencers
· Mindful networking
· Opportunities to connect with our sponsors + vendors
· Coffee and Lunch included
· Final Reception: Red Party
· Live 30-day Group Accountability Virtual Session with the Founders Liz and Andresa
· Exclusive Breakfast for STRIVE members only.
"InvestHer CON was truly a transformative experience. I have felt so alone for so long and now I feel like a have a community of support. I don’t have to be the master of everything and take it all on my shoulders, I just have to do what I am excellent at."
We reserved the entire resort for us!
Join us in Scottsdale, Arizona, May 18-19. Get your ticket today!
*Promotion ends on Dec 31st at midnight EST
2) The Real Estate InvestHER Podcast - The weekly show details the journey of some of the most amazing women real estate investors around the world, who open up their lives and share practical and strategic tools for growing a rental portfolio, flipping houses, and the mindset that allows them to run a successful investing business while taking care of their families and most importantly taking care of themselves. Subscribe via:
STRIVE A membership for highly ambitious and decisive Real Estate investors looking to build generational wealth on their own terms.
Are you ready to...
· Grow your Real Estate portfolio on your own terms.
· Make deeper relationships with successful women playing at the same level
· Build a reliable team and leave solopreneurship behind
· Implement processes and systems that will allow you to scale your business
STRIVE is for you!
APPLY today at https://www.therealestateinvesther.com/membership
*We only open the doors twice yearly (Dec and May).
We have thousands of members in our Facebook InvestHER Community (and growing!) This is a safe place for women to ask real estate investing questions and gain the support they need to achieve their goals!
We have Investher Meetup members attending in-person meetings across the country and Canada. Meetups are being held monthly by experienced InvestHER Leaders! Learn more about our InvestHER leaders, meetup locations, and how to become an InvestHER Leader HERE!
You helped your clients build their real estate portfolio, now it's time to invest in yourself! Join our all-woman investment group for agents and build your personal portfolio while creating generational wealth!
Get the benefits of being part of a team without extra fees!
Click here and schedule a discovery call with Jonna Weber today!
Take your business to the next level without losing your sanity!
Join STRIVE membership and get the support and accountability you need to take the next steps towards achieving your goals on your own terms