EP 348: Women & Money: Financial Independence is Your BirthrightFeb 18, 2023
Welcome Ladies to The Real Estate InvestHER Show! On today’s episode, our co-hosts Liz and Andresa are joined by Farnoosh Torabi! Farnoosh Torabi is a personal finance expert, author, and podcast host. She has been featured in multiple publications and on news programs, and with her podcast, So Money, having surpassed 18 million downloads and being listened to in 160 countries, Farnoosh is a leader in the financial literacy space. She is a graduate of Pennsylvania State University and Columbia University Graduate School of Journalism. Her latest book is entitled "When She Makes More: The Truth About Love and Life for a New Generation of Women" and her next book is a memoir entitled "A Healthy State of Panic," coming out in Spring 2023.
Join this conversation as they discuss money relationships between parents, partners, and women stepping into new roles This conversation highlights strategies for couples to manage their finances in a healthy way and accommodate for life changes such as having kids or one partner taking a break from work. They touch upon the importance of teaching children to be patient and to play the long game in order to manage their money, as well as the value of working with a financial advisor in the early stages of a relationship. Farnoosh also shares her own personal journey of learning to accept fear and use it to her advantage in order to create a personally fulfilling life along with the book that she is writing about this journey. Don't miss out on this engaging conversation!
· “The universe is going to put so many things in your way because you've asked for what you've wanted”. (06:02 - 06:11)
· “Be fearless. They will hold you back. Learn how to have a really mature relationship with fear." (17:21 - 17:25)
· “Being financially independent is your birthright”. (31:16 - 31:19)
· “A goal without a plan is just a dream. If you're entitled to your goals, individual and with your couple, they don't really work unless you have a plan.” (34:50 - 35:01)
· “It is not about hiding the failures or hiding the arguments between your spouse from your kids about money. They need to see the other side of it. So, if you're going to invite them into your financial life. Show them the mess or show them what you are working on”. (51:26 - 51:42)
· “You don't need to meet your mentors. Simply just observing their actions and their words is fuel.” (01:02:06 - 01:02:11)
Connect with Farnoosh:
· When She Makes More by Farnoosh Torabi
· The Bridge to Terabithia by Katherine Paterson
· My Girl directed by Howard Zieff
How To Join the InvestHER Movement
Get a ticket to IC2023 and receive access to the 2022 recordings immediately!
· How to spot a good deal from a bad deal? - Kim Kiyosaki + HANDOUT
· Why 10x Is Easier Than 2x - Shannon Waller + HANDOUT
· And much MORE!
Here is what you can expect at InvestHER CON 2023:
· Pre-event network
· 2 Full days of transformational experiences
· Access to over 20 Sessions with Keynotes and Speakers
· Recordings from all sessions
· Access to investors, mentors, and influencers
· Mindful networking
· Opportunities to connect with our sponsors + vendors
· Coffee and Lunch included
· Final Reception: Red Party
· Live 30-day Group Accountability Virtual Session with the Founders Liz and Andresa
· Exclusive Breakfast for STRIVE members only.
"InvestHer CON was truly a transformative experience. I have felt so alone for so long and now I feel like a have a community of support. I don’t have to be the master of everything and take it all on my shoulders, I just have to do what I am excellent at."
We reserved the entire resort for us!
Join us in Scottsdale, Arizona, May 18-19. Get your ticket today!
*Promotion ends on Dec 31st at midnight EST
2) The Real Estate InvestHER Podcast - The weekly show details the journey of some of the most amazing women real estate investors around the world, who open up their lives and share practical and strategic tools for growing a rental portfolio, flipping houses, and the mindset that allows them to run a successful investing business while taking care of their families and most importantly taking care of themselves. Subscribe via:
3) The Real Estate InvestHER Membership
STRIVE A membership for highly ambitious and decisive Real Estate investors looking to build generational wealth on their own terms.
Are you ready to...
· Grow your Real Estate portfolio on your own terms.
· Make deeper relationships with successful women playing at the same level
· Build a reliable team and leave solopreneurship behind
· Implement processes and systems that will allow you to scale your business
STRIVE is for you!
APPLY today at https://www.therealestateinvesther.com/membership
*We only open the doors twice yearly (Dec and May).
4) InvestHER Community on Facebook
We have thousands of members in our Facebook InvestHER Community (and growing!) This is a safe place for women to ask real estate investing questions and gain the support they need to achieve their goals!
5) InvestHER Meetups Around the Globe
We have Investher Meetup members attending in-person meetings across the country and Canada. Meetups are being held monthly by experienced InvestHER Leaders! Learn more about our InvestHER leaders, meetup locations, and how to become an InvestHER Leader HERE!
You helped your clients build their real estate portfolio, now it's time to invest in yourself! Join our all-woman investment group for agents and build your personal portfolio while creating generational wealth!
Get the benefits of being part of a team without extra fees!
Click here and schedule a discovery call with Jonna Weber today!
Take your business to the next level without losing your sanity!
Join STRIVE membership and get the support and accountability you need to take the next steps towards achieving your goals on your own terms