What makes a company successful in real estate? According to Kerry Faix, Chief Operating Officer and Founder of Stone Bay Holdings, LLC, it all comes down to people, process and product. If you aren’t working with strategic partners whose values align with your own, putting systems in place to optimize your business’s efficiency or offering a quality product, then your business will never reach its full potential.
With extensive experience building companies from the ground up, Kerry owns and operates a $225 million real estate portfolio. She has partnered on the purchase of a $27.5 million, 558-unit apartment in Georgia that sold a little over a year later for $41 million. Her most recent accomplishment was partnering on a $75 million apartment complex in the same area. Kerry’s big dreams for her real estate career have paid off in spades; now, she is passionate about using her wealth of experience to help others bring their business dreams to fruition.
Tune into today’s episode of The Real Estate InvestHER Show for a conversation with Kerry about thinking big in real estate. Learn how Kerry built her dream team, how to positively reframe your outlook on new hires, and why having a strategic business partner is crucial if you want to achieve full-fledged success.
• “People, process and your product. Those are the three things any successful business needs.” (8:57-9:02)
• “Document your processes, so that you can onboard somebody a lot quicker.” (12:50-12:54)
• “If people can leave you and go and create and be successful, then it’s a good reflection on you.” (15:35-15:40)
• “You want to find strategic partners that have skills and strengths that maybe you don’t have. That’s the power in moving forward.” (22:51-23:01)
• “Fake it, get the confidence, to a degree that pushes you and propels you forward, but don’t fake it to be not who you are as a core person.” (25:13-25:24)
• “I invested in myself through reading, learning from what other people did. That’s the beauty in mentorship and reading a book about what somebody else did, you start to relate to them to some degree….So you start to get that belief system and credibility from what other people that you identify with did.” (34:01-34:30)
Connect with Kerry Faix:
Download Kerry’s eBook Bringing Value, Solving Problems and Leaving a Legacy: https://kerryfaix.com/book
Our mission is to support and inspire women real estate investors around the globe to live a financially free and balanced life. We are dedicated to creating empowering online and in person communities where women have a non-intimidating environment to ask questions and receive the support they need. Our vision is to see all woman investors achieve her financial freedom goals on her own terms.
How To Join the InvestHER Movement
1. The Real Estate InvestHER Podcast
The weekly show details the journey of some of the most amazing women real estate investors around the world, who open up their lives and share practical and strategic tools for growing a rental portfolio, flipping houses and the mindset that allows them to run a successful investing business while taking care of their families and most importantly taking care of themselves.
2. InvestHER Community on Facebook
We have 2k+ members in our Facebook InvestHER Community (and growing!) This is a safe place for women to ask real estate investing questions and gain the support they need to achieve their goals!
3. InvestHER Meetups Around the Globe
We have over 4k+ meetup members attending close to 25 InvestHER Meetups across the country and Canada. Meetups are being held monthly by experienced InvestHER Leaders! Learn more about our InvestHER leaders, meetup locations, and how to become an InvestHER Leader HERE!
Join our membership program and get the support and accountability you need to take the next step towards achieving your goals.