How do you build the confidence you need to work with private money partners? According to host Liz Faircloth, that’s the million dollar question. In an industry where women are overly cautious, it can be challenging to overcome the fears associated with using other people's money in your deals. In today’s minisode, Liz shares six strategies to overcome fear and build confidence when it comes to using other people’s money.
We know that education is critical in anything we do. However, Liz often sees women overeducating themselves on topics like private money. To simplify the process, Liz shares several topics that women should be focusing on when it comes to learning about private money partners, including the difference between debt and equity and how active or passive your lenders need to be. In addition, knowing your market and your niche inside and out will naturally build your confidence and make it easier to answer the questions private lenders tend to ask.
Tune into this week’s minisode to learn more about Liz’s six surefire ways to build the confidence you need to incorporate private money partners into your deals.
• “So how do you build your confidence? That’s the million dollar question. And how do you do it in a way that doesn’t take 10 years?” (2:58-3:04)
• “Equity can be a great tool and so can debt, but you need to know the differences, and you need to know the differences between active and passive as you’re educating yourself.” (04:46- 04:54)
• “If you're not confident in your area, you’re not confident raising private money, you’re not confident in the team, of course you're going to have a ton of fear….So, you want to mitigate your risk and you want to make sure you’re educated and you know your market inside and out.” (05:14-05:30)
• “You don't need to know everything, but you need to know enough to speak about it confidently and also to present deals to private money partners.” (05:50-06:00)
Our mission is to support and inspire women real estate investors around the globe to live a financially free and balanced life. We are dedicated to creating empowering online and in person communities where women have a non-intimidating environment to ask questions and receive the support they need. Our vision is to see all woman investors achieve her financial freedom goals on her own terms.
How To Join the InvestHER Movement
1. The Real Estate InvestHER Podcast
The weekly show details the journey of some of the most amazing women real estate investors around the world, who open up their lives and share practical and strategic tools for growing a rental portfolio, flipping houses and the mindset that allows them to run a successful investing business while taking care of their families and most importantly taking care of themselves.
2. InvestHER Community on Facebook
We have 2k+ members in our Facebook InvestHER Community (and growing!) This is a safe place for women to ask real estate investing questions and gain the support they need to achieve their goals!
3. InvestHER Meetups Around the Globe
We have over 4k+ meetup members attending close to 25 InvestHER Meetups across the country and Canada. Meetups are being held monthly by experienced InvestHER Leaders! Learn more about our InvestHER leaders, meetup locations, and how to become an InvestHER Leader HERE!
Join our membership program and get the support and accountability you need to take the next step towards achieving your goals.