One of the questions that gets asked most frequently in the real estate community is, “How do I find a mentor?” However, this might not be the right question to ask.
On today’s minisode, co-host Andresa Guidelli will pose a different question to listeners: Are you ready for a mentor? By asking yourself this question instead, you will ensure that you are clear on what kind of mentor you are looking for, what goals you need help attaining, and what you can bring to the table in the mentor-mentee relationship.
Tune into this week’s minisode to learn more about preparing yourself for a mentoring relationship and finding the right mentor for you and your goals.
• “The question that I want you to answer is, ‘Am I ready for a mentor?’...because the mentor will show up when you are ready.” (1:46-2:00)
• “If you’re not ready to get out of your comfort zone, if you want a mentor that keeps you comfortable, you might as well not have a mentor because you’re going to waste people’s time.” (5:50-6:04)
• “Listen to what the mentor needs, not just what your needs are. It’s like a puzzle: if it’s not a match, it’s not a match. You can say, ‘I can do X, Y and Z.’ Is that what the other person needs?” (7:12-7:27)
• “You can get the support you need without a mentor….Sometimes one-on-one is the only thing you’re seeing, but you also are able to have mentors in group settings….Even if you are not in the hot seat, you learn so much by watching other people like you going through the process of explaining their challenges and getting them resolved.” (7:57-8:42)
Our mission is to support and inspire women real estate investors around the globe to live a financially free and balanced life. We are dedicated to creating empowering online and in person communities where women have a non-intimidating environment to ask questions and receive the support they need. Our vision is to see all woman investors achieve her financial freedom goals on her own terms.
How To Join the InvestHER Movement
1. The Real Estate InvestHER Podcast
The weekly show details the journey of some of the most amazing women real estate investors around the world, who open up their lives and share practical and strategic tools for growing a rental portfolio, flipping houses and the mindset that allows them to run a successful investing business while taking care of their families and most importantly taking care of themselves.
2. InvestHER Community on Facebook
We have 2k+ members in our Facebook InvestHER Community (and growing!) This is a safe place for women to ask real estate investing questions and gain the support they need to achieve their goals!
3. InvestHER Meetups Around the Globe
We have over 4k+ meetup members attending close to 25 InvestHER Meetups across the country and Canada. Meetups are being held monthly by experienced InvestHER Leaders! Learn more about our InvestHER leaders, meetup locations, and how to become an InvestHER Leader HERE!
Join our membership program and get the support and accountability you need to take the next step towards achieving your goals.