EP 186: Traveling the US in Your RV with April CrossleyJul 30, 2021
“If you want to know how much you’re working in your business, leave your business,” says April Crossley, Owner of Crossley Properties, LLC. April flips and wholesales between 20 and 30 houses a year, owns a portfolio of small multifamily rental properties in Berks County, PA and is a private lender, who invests as an LP and a GP on large multifamily projects across the US. In an attempt to achieve more freedom within her many roles and responsibilities, April recently took her own advice and began traveling across the US full-time in her RV with her husband and dog.
Many entrepreneurs may be apprehensive about taking this kind of leap, especially given the demands of their business. However, April explains that it’s crucial to work out the areas in your business where you can delegate to others, especially when it comes to tasks that don’t bring you joy. April didn’t jump in head first; instead, she tested the waters by snowbirding for several years. Once she had identified the areas of her business where she could outsource work to others, who could get it done more efficiently and effectively, only then did she finally take the plunge into traveling full-time.
Tune into this week’s episode of The Real Estate InvestHER Show for a conversation with April about finding freedom in your real estate role. Learn about the seven Fs that April focuses on to maximize her happiness, how finding a reliable business partner has allowed April to travel with confidence, and why actively educating yourself on the trends within your industry will always get you where you need to go.
- “If you want to know how much you’re working in your business, leave your business.” (9:15-9:18)
- “If I just focus on my strengths and what I’m good at and what I love doing, the business is going to grow even more than trying to force myself to do something I don't like. So really, if it causes me pain or I’m not good at it, I try to get it off my plate.” (12:15-12:29)
- “You can learn a lot about somebody just by asking about their family, their career, [what they] do for fun. Let them talk and tell stories about their life, and their core values start coming out...and you can tell if they’re going to be a good fit for you or not.” (17:37-17:55)
- “The more you focus on your gifts and strengths, the more you’re going to flourish. And if you bring in someone that has gifts and strengths that balance out yours, you’re just going to flourish twice as fast.” (19:38-19:49)
- “If you want to get in great physical shape, it’s not like you’re just going to walk into the gym and transform into this completely ripped, muscular person. It takes work. So people get frustrated and tell me, ‘Well, I’m not finding any deals, and it’s so hard right now, and there’s a million people out there buying houses'....You have a choice. You can sit back and do nothing or you can prepare for when the time is right. One is going to propel you forward and one is going to get you nowhere.” (38:15-38:48)
Connect with April Crossley:
Our mission is to support and inspire women real estate investors around the globe to live a financially free and balanced life. We are dedicated to creating empowering online and in person communities where women have a non-intimidating environment to ask questions and receive the support they need. Our vision is to see all woman investors achieve her financial freedom goals on her own terms.
How To Join the InvestHER Movement
1. The Real Estate InvestHER Podcast
The weekly show details the journey of some of the most amazing women real estate investors around the world, who open up their lives and share practical and strategic tools for growing a rental portfolio, flipping houses and the mindset that allows them to run a successful investing business while taking care of their families and most importantly taking care of themselves.
2. InvestHER Community on Facebook
We have 2k+ members in our Facebook InvestHER Community (and growing!) This is a safe place for women to ask real estate investing questions and gain the support they need to achieve their goals!
3. InvestHER Meetups Around the Globe
We have over 4k+ meetup members attending close to 25 InvestHER Meetups across the country and Canada. Meetups are being held monthly by experienced InvestHER Leaders! Learn more about our InvestHER leaders, meetup locations, and how to become an InvestHER Leader HERE!
Follow us on:
Take your business to the next level without losing your sanity!
Join STRIVE membership and get the support and accountability you need to take the next steps towards achieving your goals on your own terms