EP 291: How much profit should I make?Aug 02, 2022
One of the reasons people go into real estate is to build wealth. However, a lot of investors still struggle to charge what they’re worth and actually make money on a deal. Most of the time, it is left as an afterthought and they end up taking less than what they worked for.
In this minisode, we tackle why personal profit should be a priority. Andresa offers simple strategies to help us put a price on our time and skills depending on the situation. Together with Liz, they also ask women to consider the value of learning and when it is okay to profit less.
• “I encourage all women to add that line item (profit) way above, not the last one, because that is your number. That is your worth.” (3:47-4:02)
• “When I'm going solo, it’s a hundred percent of my time. When I am going with partners, it's not a hundred percent of my time. Therefore, I am okay taking less.” (6:19-6:31)
• “Far from my house is just a no. I don't care about the profit.” (7:40-7:43)
• “I don't want women to feel bad about making money. If you were able to make money on that… You're fine. You keep going.” (10:49-10:59)
• “What type of lending am I using? Because my profit will vary if I'm using my own cash." (11:02-11:08)
• “How much is it worth to you to get the experience? Because sometimes profit is going to become secondary over the experience of the opportunity.” (11:52-11:59)
How To Join the InvestHER Movement
1) InvestHER CON 2023
Meet Us in Arizona! | InvestHER CON 2023 Early Bird Tickets are available now!
The inaugural InvestHER CON was unforgettable.
We saw women freely raising their hands, asking questions, and going to the mic to share their thoughts; we saw women confidently speaking with sponsors, holding intimate conversations with each other, and connecting on a deeper level with themselves.
You laughed with us.
You cried with us.
You played in the arena with us.
And most of all, you inspired us!
We’re not stopping there. We’re thrilled to announce that InvestHER CON will be returning in May 2023, at a venue in sunny Arizona!
Early bird tickets are available now:
2) Missed InvestHER CON 2022 or just want to relive the experience? Don’t worry! Get instant access to the InvestHER CON 2022 recordings and enjoy tons of transformational sessions with incredible women investors!
3) The Real Estate InvestHER Podcast - The weekly show details the journey of some of the most amazing women real estate investors around the world, who open up their lives and share practical and strategic tools for growing a rental portfolio, flipping houses, and the mindset that allows them to run a successful investing business while taking care of their families and most importantly taking care of themselves. Subscribe via:
STRIVE is a one-of-a-kind membership for experienced women investors looking to make deeper connections and take their Real Estate business to the next level. It is more than a transactional membership, and it is a transformational experience for women looking to live life on their own terms.
We have thousands of members in our Facebook InvestHER Community (and growing!) This is a safe place for women to ask real estate investing questions and gain the support they need to achieve their goals!
We have Investher Meetup members attending in-person meetings across the country and Canada. Meetups are being held monthly by experienced InvestHER Leaders! Learn more about our InvestHER leaders, meetup locations, and how to become an InvestHER Leader HERE!
Our mission is to empower women in Real Estate to live a financially free and balanced life, and we are extending our support to Real Estate agents worldwide.
We have created exclusive content and support for the InvestHER™ eXp Team:
*Top skills and strategies to grow YOUR business
*How to utilize your “real estate agent” advantage to become a real estate investor
*Monthly live masterminds
*Become part of Libertas Organization with top coaches, Tim and Julie Harris.
Take your business to the next level without losing your sanity!
Join STRIVE membership and get the support and accountability you need to take the next steps towards achieving your goals on your own terms