EP 293: Stop Waiting: How To Buy Your First RentalAug 09, 2022
You’ve read the books, listened to podcasts, attended the seminars… and yet you’re still stuck on the sidelines, not taking action and not making your first rental buy. Why is that?
In this minisode, Liz and Andresa go through a simple step-by-step process on how to confidently take the first step in purchasing your first rental property. They highlight the importance of knowing your target market and asset class, and most importantly, why it should align with your goals. Understanding your unfair advantage is also critical in setting yourself up for success as well as, of course, seeking support from people in the community.
• “Where do you want to be financially? And then that why behind what you're doing is really important to get clear right off the bat.” (2:37-2:43)
• “If you're not anchored into something that's “this is why I'm doing, this is who I'm doing it for,” the first time a broker blows you off, you're going to give up.” (2:44-2:54)
• “If you don't know what your advantage is and your worth by taking this inventory, you're going to undersell your worth and just take the scraps from people.” (5:38-5:47)
• “You want to start to get really clear on what market you want to go after and then what does that yield in terms of your asset class.” (7:23-7:29)
• “Start to do your homework. Start to learn about that market or that niche or that asset class.” (8:31-8:36)
• “Don't do this alone. Find a woman in your local meetup group. Start holding each other accountable." (9:34-9:39)
Missed InvestHER CON 2022 or just want to relive the experience? Don’t worry! Get instant access to the InvestHER CON 2022 recordings and enjoy tons of transformational sessions with incredible women investors!
How To Join the InvestHER Movement
1) InvestHER CON 2023
Meet Us in Arizona! | InvestHER CON 2023 Early Bird Tickets are available now!
The inaugural InvestHER CON was unforgettable.
We saw women freely raising their hands, asking questions, and going to the mic to share their thoughts; we saw women confidently speaking with sponsors, holding intimate conversations with each other, and connecting on a deeper level with themselves.
You laughed with us.
You cried with us.
You played in the arena with us.
And most of all, you inspired us!
We’re not stopping there. We’re thrilled to announce that InvestHER CON will be returning in May 2023, at a venue in sunny Arizona!
Early bird tickets are available now:
2) The Real Estate InvestHER Podcast - The weekly show details the journey of some of the most amazing women real estate investors around the world, who open up their lives and share practical and strategic tools for growing a rental portfolio, flipping houses, and the mindset that allows them to run a successful investing business while taking care of their families and most importantly taking care of themselves. Subscribe via:
STRIVE is a one-of-a-kind membership for experienced women investors looking to make deeper connections and take their Real Estate business to the next level. It is more than a transactional membership, and it is a transformational experience for women looking to live life on their own terms.
We have thousands of members in our Facebook InvestHER Community (and growing!) This is a safe place for women to ask real estate investing questions and gain the support they need to achieve their goals!
We have Investher Meetup members attending in-person meetings across the country and Canada. Meetups are being held monthly by experienced InvestHER Leaders! Learn more about our InvestHER leaders, meetup locations, and how to become an InvestHER Leader HERE!
Our mission is to empower women in Real Estate to live a financially free and balanced life, and we are extending our support to Real Estate agents worldwide.
We have created exclusive content and support for the InvestHER™ eXp Team:
*Top skills and strategies to grow YOUR business
*How to utilize your “real estate agent” advantage to become a real estate investor
*Monthly live masterminds
*Become part of Libertas Organization with top coaches, Tim and Julie Harris.
Take your business to the next level without losing your sanity!
Join STRIVE membership and get the support and accountability you need to take the next steps towards achieving your goals on your own terms