EP 294: What You Should Know About Title Insurance with Rachel LunaAug 12, 2022
Title insurance protects real estate buyers and lenders from financial loss due to defects in the title of the property, and every investor should consider title insurance a vital part of the buying process.
“Texas Title Queen” Rachel Luna joins us today to talk about best practices for purchasing title insurance. She goes over the rates and fees involved in the transaction, what mistakes to avoid, and how we can leverage our relationships to find the right title insurance company for our business. She also gives her perspective on the impact of digitization and cryptocurrency in the title real estate industry and the way it is evolving for the future.
With 11k+ followers on Instagram, Rachel has amassed a following with her dynamic personality and fabulous brand. She is a principal at Patriot Title Company and is one of just two women who own a medium-sized title business in Texas. She is also an expert in real estate escrow and closing service and has over 20 years of experience in the real estate industry. As a powerful female entrepreneur, Rachel distinguishes herself outside the norm of title insurance by modernizing how the industry is portrayed and sharing her climb to the top from humble beginnings.
• “That's what the title insurance company does. We’re writing insurance. If anything comes up, we, as a title company, are liable to pay that, and we have the full accountability.”(7:44 -7:52)
• “Get title insurance. It protects you. It's the right way to go, especially if you're investing and putting your money into a deal. Do not risk your money.” (9:11-9:18)
• “I would always ask your title company what do you charge for your legal fees? What do you charge for your escrow settlement fees?” (12:28- 12:35)
• “Cryptocurrency and all of the above in reference to Bitcoin and everything else, it's here to stay. The title industry, which is a very regulated conservative industry, has acknowledged it.”(18:48-19:01)
• “You do need a relationship with your title company to understand your business plan and what type of properties you're buying so they can know how to look at the title and how to dissect it for you.” (21:57-22:07)
• “The title company is going to be more receptive if it’s a referral from someone who's already doing business with them.” (22:55-23:00)
Connect with Rachel:
Missed InvestHER CON 2022 or just want to relive the experience? Don’t worry! Get instant access to the InvestHER CON 2022 recordings and enjoy tons of transformational sessions with incredible women investors!
How To Join the InvestHER Movement
1) InvestHER CON 2023
Meet Us in Arizona! | InvestHER CON 2023 Early Bird Tickets are available now!
The inaugural InvestHER CON was unforgettable.
We saw women freely raising their hands, asking questions, and going to the mic to share their thoughts; we saw women confidently speaking with sponsors, holding intimate conversations with each other, and connecting on a deeper level with themselves.
You laughed with us.
You cried with us.
You played in the arena with us.
And most of all, you inspired us!
We’re not stopping there. We’re thrilled to announce that InvestHER CON will be returning in May 2023, at a venue in sunny Arizona!
Early bird tickets are available now:
2) The Real Estate InvestHER Podcast - The weekly show details the journey of some of the most amazing women real estate investors around the world, who open up their lives and share practical and strategic tools for growing a rental portfolio, flipping houses, and the mindset that allows them to run a successful investing business while taking care of their families and most importantly taking care of themselves. Subscribe via:
3) The Real Estate InvestHER Membership
STRIVE is a one-of-a-kind membership for experienced women investors looking to make deeper connections and take their Real Estate business to the next level. It is more than a transactional membership, and it is a transformational experience for women looking to live life on their own terms.
4) InvestHER Community on Facebook
We have thousands of members in our Facebook InvestHER Community (and growing!) This is a safe place for women to ask real estate investing questions and gain the support they need to achieve their goals!
5) InvestHER Meetups Around the Globe
We have Investher Meetup members attending in-person meetings across the country and Canada. Meetups are being held monthly by experienced InvestHER Leaders! Learn more about our InvestHER leaders, meetup locations, and how to become an InvestHER Leader HERE!
Our mission is to empower women in Real Estate to live a financially free and balanced life, and we are extending our support to Real Estate agents worldwide.
We have created exclusive content and support for the InvestHER™ eXp Team:
*Top skills and strategies to grow YOUR business
*How to utilize your “real estate agent” advantage to become a real estate investor
*Monthly live masterminds
*Become part of Libertas Organization with top coaches, Tim and Julie Harris.
Jonna Hall Weber is leading our team. If you have any questions or are ready to join our team, click here to schedule a call with her.
Take your business to the next level without losing your sanity!
Join STRIVE membership and get the support and accountability you need to take the next steps towards achieving your goals on your own terms