EP 298: Building a Portfolio with Side Hustles with Sharon TseungAug 29, 2022
Side hustles are a great way to get to your financial goals quickly, especially having that extra money you can put into investing. But how do you find balance and make sure you still have time for things that really matter?
In this episode, Andresa and special guest host Mandy McAllister are joined by Sharon Tseung who has achieved financial freedom through side hustles and investing in real estate. Sharon talks about generating cash flow and protecting her portfolio through multiple streams of income, building her brand on social media, and growing her business through outsourcing.
Sharon Tseung is a 6-figure entrepreneur and investor who teaches people how to make passive income towards financial freedom through her blog, YouTube channel, TikTok, and Instagram. She has been featured on Business Insider, Entrepreneur, Yahoo Finance, Bustle, Fast Company, and other notable websites. In the past, she graduated from UC Berkeley and worked in Marketing for 10 years at Google and other startups. Sharon quit her job and traveled the world as a digital nomad for 2 years, all while growing multiple passive income streams.
• “Increasing my income with all these other side hustles is giving me passive income. I had multiple income streams working for me that allowed me to grow the amount of money to put back into real estate.” (13:32-13:43)
• “Every one of these income streams works. It's just a matter of which one you have time for and which one you're more passionate about.” (14:51-14:58)
• “I think the good thing is if something doesn't pan out with these cheaper properties, I can still have it cash flow with renting it out long term or doing a midterm with it.” (16:15-16:24)
• “Short-form video can really build up your personal brand… So if your content has value, it's going to spread.” (19:44-20:02)
• “So hiring out anything you don't have time for is really crucial for saving time and making sure you're focusing on the right thing.” (22:58-23:07)
• “'I’m trying to have someone work in the business while I work on the business. So that way, I can grow everything while they systemize it and make it a lot easier for me.” (24:11-24:21)
Connect with Sharon:
Missed InvestHER CON 2022 or just want to relive the experience? Don’t worry! Get instant access to the InvestHER CON 2022 recordings and enjoy tons of transformational sessions with incredible women investors!
How To Join the InvestHER Movement
1) InvestHER CON 2023
Meet Us in Arizona! | InvestHER CON 2023 Early Bird Tickets are available now!
The inaugural InvestHER CON was unforgettable.
We saw women freely raising their hands, asking questions, and going to the mic to share their thoughts; we saw women confidently speaking with sponsors, holding intimate conversations with each other, and connecting on a deeper level with themselves.
You laughed with us.
You cried with us.
You played in the arena with us.
And most of all, you inspired us!
We’re not stopping there. We’re thrilled to announce that InvestHER CON will be returning in May 2023, at a venue in sunny Arizona!
Early bird tickets are available now:
2) The Real Estate InvestHER Podcast - The weekly show details the journey of some of the most amazing women real estate investors around the world, who open up their lives and share practical and strategic tools for growing a rental portfolio, flipping houses, and the mindset that allows them to run a successful investing business while taking care of their families and most importantly taking care of themselves. Subscribe via:
STRIVE is a one-of-a-kind membership for experienced women investors looking to make deeper connections and take their Real Estate business to the next level. It is more than a transactional membership, and it is a transformational experience for women looking to live life on their own terms.
We have thousands of members in our Facebook InvestHER Community (and growing!) This is a safe place for women to ask real estate investing questions and gain the support they need to achieve their goals!
We have Investher Meetup members attending in-person meetings across the country and Canada. Meetups are being held monthly by experienced InvestHER Leaders! Learn more about our InvestHER leaders, meetup locations, and how to become an InvestHER Leader HERE!
Our mission is to empower women in Real Estate to live a financially free and balanced life, and we are extending our support to Real Estate agents worldwide.
We have created exclusive content and support for the InvestHER™ eXp Team:
*Top skills and strategies to grow YOUR business
*How to utilize your “real estate agent” advantage to become a real estate investor
*Monthly live masterminds
*Become part of Libertas Organization with top coaches, Tim and Julie Harris.
Take your business to the next level without losing your sanity!
Join STRIVE membership and get the support and accountability you need to take the next steps towards achieving your goals on your own terms