EP 304: The Untapped Gold Mine of Glamping ResortsSep 16, 2022
Where comfortable accommodation meets camping: glamping is truly one of the hottest niches in the outdoor hospitality industry as more and more people seek to be closer to nature while being able to enjoy the conveniences of a home.
Today, Karen L. Chenaille joins us to talk about all things glamping. From construction to setting up a team to navigating local rules and regulations, she details her own experience in building and growing her successful business. She also takes us back to when she first started as an entrepreneur and how she leveraged her 401(k) to get out of her W-2 and step into her journey of financial independence.
Karen is an EXP ICON real estate agent and private investor specializing in short-term rentals. She has been investing in and operating short-term rental accommodations since 2015 and her cash-flowing portfolio includes smoky mountain cabins, glamping resorts, and Emerald Coast condominiums. She is also a general partner in the Accelerate Capital Partners short-term rental syndication. Prior to becoming a full-time real estate agent and investor, Karen served over 20 years in corporate America as a W-2 employee and five years in the US Army as a Chinese linguist.
• “I got this idea that I could use the steady income that I had coming in from my W-2 to kind of slingshot me along the way on my financial independence journey.” (8:09-8:19)
• “My idea is camping done for you.” (16:43-16:45)
• “Because the local authorities don't really know what to do, they don't give us answers very quickly. We had to be really persistent, use our powers of negotiation and persuasion.” (24:06-24:16)
• “Before you spend a dime buying a single tent, take the plans and go to your local city offices, your county offices, and sit down and talk to them about what you're doing." (32:57-33:06)
• “Go ask questions and educate. Learn everything you can about it, so that if you meet resistance, you can figure out what their pressure points are.” (33:38-33:47)
• “I really believe that if you put it out in the energy and in the universe that this is what you need, they come.” (40:05-40:10)
Connect with Karen:
Missed InvestHER CON 2022 or just want to relive the experience? Don’t worry! Get instant access to the InvestHER CON 2022 recordings and enjoy tons of transformational sessions with incredible women investors!
How To Join the InvestHER Movement
1) InvestHER CON 2023
Meet Us in Arizona! | InvestHER CON 2023 Early Bird Tickets are available now!
The inaugural InvestHER CON was unforgettable.
We saw women freely raising their hands, asking questions, and going to the mic to share their thoughts; we saw women confidently speaking with sponsors, holding intimate conversations with each other, and connecting on a deeper level with themselves.
You laughed with us.
You cried with us.
You played in the arena with us.
And most of all, you inspired us!
We’re not stopping there. We’re thrilled to announce that InvestHER CON will be returning in May 2023, at a venue in sunny Arizona!
Early bird tickets are available now:
2) The Real Estate InvestHER Podcast - The weekly show details the journey of some of the most amazing women real estate investors around the world, who open up their lives and share practical and strategic tools for growing a rental portfolio, flipping houses, and the mindset that allows them to run a successful investing business while taking care of their families and most importantly taking care of themselves. Subscribe via:
STRIVE is a one-of-a-kind membership for experienced women investors looking to make deeper connections and take their Real Estate business to the next level. It is more than a transactional membership, and it is a transformational experience for women looking to live life on their own terms.
We have thousands of members in our Facebook InvestHER Community (and growing!) This is a safe place for women to ask real estate investing questions and gain the support they need to achieve their goals!
We have Investher Meetup members attending in-person meetings across the country and Canada. Meetups are being held monthly by experienced InvestHER Leaders! Learn more about our InvestHER leaders, meetup locations, and how to become an InvestHER Leader HERE!
Our mission is to empower women in Real Estate to live a financially free and balanced life, and we are extending our support to Real Estate agents worldwide.
We have created exclusive content and support for the InvestHER™ eXp Team:
*Top skills and strategies to grow YOUR business
*How to utilize your “real estate agent” advantage to become a real estate investor
*Monthly live masterminds
*Become part of Libertas Organization with top coaches, Tim and Julie Harris.
Take your business to the next level without losing your sanity!
Join STRIVE membership and get the support and accountability you need to take the next steps towards achieving your goals on your own terms