EP 306: How This Former Sales Director Went from 0 to 800 units in 10Sep 26, 2022
Real estate is about relationships. Be it your significant other, business partner, broker, or investor, these are the connections that will add value to you and accelerate your career.
In this episode, we talk about strategic and meaningful partnerships with Jenny Gou. She is a Managing Partner at Vertical Street Ventures and has acquired a portfolio of over 1800+ units to date. A former Sales Director at Procter & Gamble, she made the big jump to real estate with her husband and found the right mentor turned business partner. By leveraging relationships and running her company as a Fortune 500, they were able to achieve exponential growth in a short amount of time.
As one of the founders of Vertical Street Ventures, Jenny currently oversees Asset Management and Investor Relations. She focuses on Business Strategy and execution of the business plan as well as managing relationships and communications with investors. Her overall experience in leading teams, strategy, and project management enables Vertical Street Ventures to be the best in the industry and make our communities a better place to live. Jenny graduated from the University of Arizona with a degree in Business Management and received her MBA from the University of Minnesota. She is married to her husband Ronnie and has 2.5 kids (furry one included).
• “There's always a strategy in our decisions: we looked at our calendars, workload, stress level, and then also level of happiness.” (7:45-7:59)
• “Before you burn the bridges, make sure you have a level of stability.” (9:39-9:44)
• “As you get to know somebody, you need to understand: How do they digest an issue? How does a solution come about?” (19:15-19:22)
• “ Feedback is a gift. We give lots of gifts. And so when there's an issue that comes up, we give feedback." (19:39-19:44)
• “Just get the first deal done successful, out the door, and then the floodgates will open for more.” (26:38-26:45)
• “We didn't leave one corporate job to work a hundred hours on another job. We want that freedom. So build the right team so that you are still flexible and living the that you wanted to.” (33:50-34:03)
Connect with Jenny:
Missed InvestHER CON 2022 or just want to relive the experience? Don’t worry! Get instant access to the InvestHER CON 2022 recordings and enjoy tons of transformational sessions with incredible women investors!
How To Join the InvestHER Movement
1) InvestHER CON 2023
Meet Us in Arizona! | InvestHER CON 2023 Early Bird Tickets are available now!
The inaugural InvestHER CON was unforgettable.
We saw women freely raising their hands, asking questions, and going to the mic to share their thoughts; we saw women confidently speaking with sponsors, holding intimate conversations with each other, and connecting on a deeper level with themselves.
You laughed with us.
You cried with us.
You played in the arena with us.
And most of all, you inspired us!
We’re not stopping there. We’re thrilled to announce that InvestHER CON will be returning in May 2023, at a venue in sunny Arizona!
Early bird tickets are available now:
2) The Real Estate InvestHER Podcast - The weekly show details the journey of some of the most amazing women real estate investors around the world, who open up their lives and share practical and strategic tools for growing a rental portfolio, flipping houses, and the mindset that allows them to run a successful investing business while taking care of their families and most importantly taking care of themselves. Subscribe via:
STRIVE is a one-of-a-kind membership for experienced women investors looking to make deeper connections and take their Real Estate business to the next level. It is more than a transactional membership, and it is a transformational experience for women looking to live life on their own terms.
We have thousands of members in our Facebook InvestHER Community (and growing!) This is a safe place for women to ask real estate investing questions and gain the support they need to achieve their goals!
We have Investher Meetup members attending in-person meetings across the country and Canada. Meetups are being held monthly by experienced InvestHER Leaders! Learn more about our InvestHER leaders, meetup locations, and how to become an InvestHER Leader HERE!
Our mission is to empower women in Real Estate to live a financially free and balanced life, and we are extending our support to Real Estate agents worldwide.
We have created exclusive content and support for the InvestHER™ eXp Team:
*Top skills and strategies to grow YOUR business
*How to utilize your “real estate agent” advantage to become a real estate investor
*Monthly live masterminds
*Become part of Libertas Organization with top coaches, Tim and Julie Harris.
Take your business to the next level without losing your sanity!
Join STRIVE membership and get the support and accountability you need to take the next steps towards achieving your goals on your own terms