Ep 312: Two Millennials Build Their Empire Through Creative FinancingOct 18, 2022
Investing at a young age may seem challenging, but it is rewarding in the long run. By starting early, you earn compounding returns and build wealth over time.
Zoe Cramer and Sasha Torchigina are two young investors who found success in real estate. They join us today to discuss how they got into investing without having a ton of capital, how they connected with sellers and utilized seller financing, and how they are making a profit with student housing. They also talk about the value of leveraging each others’ skills as partners and being persistent in pursuing their goals.
Best friends since second grade, Zoe and Sasha took different career paths after college but both ended up in real estate in their own way. Now, in their mid-twenties, they have become business partners in their various real estate endeavors. Their partnership journey began a couple of years ago when they purchased their first student rental property together. They focus primarily on seller-financed buy-and-holds. They started out with student rentals, but have slowly progressed into bigger and more hands-off purchases, like multifamilies and mobile home parks. They also flip houses on occasion to acquire capital quicker to use for down payments on new buy and hold purchases.
• “There's a lot of programs that are out there for first-time home buyers. So there's a lot of ways that you can get your foot in the door without having to spend a lot of money.” (8:01-8:08)
• “We spent a lot of time talking sellers into financing us and just proving to them that we're worth the risk.” (11:23-11:36)
• “Do not rent by the room. Rent it, price it by the room, but rent it to a group that all knows each other.” (17:55-18:01)
• “Getting good people is definitely difficult. Getting a good handyman or handywoman is difficult, but once you have someone in place, it flows. As long as they don't leave, you're good.” (21:11-21:25)
• “Make sure you follow the local ordinances or at least look into them. Make sure that you're not breaking any rules.” (24:30-24:43)
• “We just work well together. We are able to grow and scale in a way that I don't think either of us alone could do as easily or fluidly as we've been able to do together." (32:35-32:45)
Connect with Zoe and Sasha:
Missed InvestHER CON 2022 or just want to relive the experience? Don’t worry! Get instant access to the InvestHER CON 2022 recordings and enjoy tons of transformational sessions with incredible women investors!
How To Join the InvestHER Movement
1) InvestHER CON 2023
Meet Us in Arizona! | InvestHER CON 2023 Early Bird Tickets are available now!
The inaugural InvestHER CON was unforgettable.
We saw women freely raising their hands, asking questions, and going to the mic to share their thoughts; we saw women confidently speaking with sponsors, holding intimate conversations with each other, and connecting on a deeper level with themselves.
You laughed with us.
You cried with us.
You played in the arena with us.
And most of all, you inspired us!
We’re not stopping there. We’re thrilled to announce that InvestHER CON will be returning in May 2023, at a venue in sunny Arizona!
Early bird tickets are available now:
2) The Real Estate InvestHER Podcast - The weekly show details the journey of some of the most amazing women real estate investors around the world, who open up their lives and share practical and strategic tools for growing a rental portfolio, flipping houses, and the mindset that allows them to run a successful investing business while taking care of their families and most importantly taking care of themselves. Subscribe via:
STRIVE is a one-of-a-kind membership for experienced women investors looking to make deeper connections and take their Real Estate business to the next level. It is more than a transactional membership, and it is a transformational experience for women looking to live life on their own terms.
We have thousands of members in our Facebook InvestHER Community (and growing!) This is a safe place for women to ask real estate investing questions and gain the support they need to achieve their goals!
We have Investher Meetup members attending in-person meetings across the country and Canada. Meetups are being held monthly by experienced InvestHER Leaders! Learn more about our InvestHER leaders, meetup locations, and how to become an InvestHER Leader HERE!
Our mission is to empower women in Real Estate to live a financially free and balanced life, and we are extending our support to Real Estate agents worldwide.
We have created exclusive content and support for the InvestHER™ eXp Team:
*Top skills and strategies to grow YOUR business
*How to utilize your “real estate agent” advantage to become a real estate investor
*Monthly live masterminds
*Become part of Libertas Organization with top coaches, Tim and Julie Harris.
Take your business to the next level without losing your sanity!
Join STRIVE membership and get the support and accountability you need to take the next steps towards achieving your goals on your own terms