EP 322: Why You Should Consider House Hacking in Your 40'sNov 18, 2022
House hacking is one way to create passive income streams and fund a flexible retirement with the help of modern home-sharing platforms.
Today, Christine McCarron joins Liz and Andresa to talk about how you can start your career as a real estate investor with a house hacking business model. You don’t have to buy an expensive property to get started. You may rent out your home if it has extra rooms, a barn, or even a garage. Christine also shared how you can vet tenants and keep the business thriving without compromising your comfort.
Christine is a real estate agent, investor, author, mentor, and podcaster. She loves helping women to create a massive passive income stream and have more money, more options, and more fun!
• “It's just so much easier with help, and I didn't know how much I didn't know until I actually started to ask for help.” (7:09-7:17)
• “You just have to really say to yourself, ‘How much interaction do I want to have with these people?’” (11:55-12:01)
• “Be 100% honest with yourself about your own personality. That's how you're going to have to decide how much privacy you're going to have to build into this situation.” (12:25-12:41)
• “Most people like things neat, clean, not so generic that you feel like you're in a hotel, but you know, bring a little of your personality.” (15:02-15:09)
• “I think it's always better to be a little bit pessimistic when you're running numbers.” (21:38-21:342)
• “I think you should be looking at your life and your pleasure and what's going to bring you joy, because at this point, maybe isn't all about the money.” (27:39 - 27:48)
Connect with Christine:
Missed InvestHER CON 2022 or just want to relive the experience? Don’t worry! Get instant access to the InvestHER CON 2022 recordings and enjoy tons of transformational sessions with incredible women investors!
How To Join the InvestHER Movement
1) InvestHER CON 2023
Meet Us in Arizona! | InvestHER CON 2023 Early Bird Tickets are available now!
The inaugural InvestHER CON was unforgettable.
We saw women freely raising their hands, asking questions, and going to the mic to share their thoughts; we saw women confidently speaking with sponsors, holding intimate conversations with each other, and connecting on a deeper level with themselves.
You laughed with us.
You cried with us.
You played in the arena with us.
And most of all, you inspired us!
We’re not stopping there. We’re thrilled to announce that InvestHER CON will be returning in May 2023, at a venue in sunny Arizona!
Early bird tickets are available now:
2) The Real Estate InvestHER Podcast - The weekly show details the journey of some of the most amazing women real estate investors around the world, who open up their lives and share practical and strategic tools for growing a rental portfolio, flipping houses, and the mindset that allows them to run a successful investing business while taking care of their families and most importantly taking care of themselves. Subscribe via:
STRIVE is a one-of-a-kind membership for experienced women investors looking to make deeper connections and take their Real Estate business to the next level. It is more than a transactional membership, and it is a transformational experience for women looking to live life on their own terms.
We have thousands of members in our Facebook InvestHER Community (and growing!) This is a safe place for women to ask real estate investing questions and gain the support they need to achieve their goals!
We have Investher Meetup members attending in-person meetings across the country and Canada. Meetups are being held monthly by experienced InvestHER Leaders! Learn more about our InvestHER leaders, meetup locations, and how to become an InvestHER Leader HERE!
Our mission is to empower women in Real Estate to live a financially free and balanced life, and we are extending our support to Real Estate agents worldwide.
We have created exclusive content and support for the InvestHER™ eXp Team:
*Top skills and strategies to grow YOUR business
*How to utilize your “real estate agent” advantage to become a real estate investor
*Monthly live masterminds
*Become part of Libertas Organization with top coaches, Tim and Julie Harris.
Take your business to the next level without losing your sanity!
Join STRIVE membership and get the support and accountability you need to take the next steps towards achieving your goals on your own terms